Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Irritating Request and Gross Situation
KIDZRMYBIZ 06:35 AM 09-23-2015
Had a dcd ask me this morning for a 15 min early drop off on fri. I don't do contracted hours, so this would be before opening time. I have in my contract that I may allow this at my discretion and a $5.00 charge. The $5 is a joke. $5 is just nothing. I can do it, I just don't WANT to - my own kids leave for school and I have a 15 minute window to walk my dog around the block, which early drop off takes away. Not worth $5.

But here's the icing on the cake: dcd explains he needs early drop off because he has an early work project, and dcm is "actually taking the day off to babysit for another church family, so she doesn't want to have to bring those kids out to drop off dcg at daycare." I just don't know about people anymore.

And......I have a dcb that comes from a home that maybe isn't the cleanest, to put it nicely. This child almost always could use a bath, doesn't get cleaned up well from diaper changes at home, clothes/hands/face always dirty with food. Just so unkempt, even nasty at times. There are so many speculations I can make, but nothing really dangerous to him, only unsavory, so I go about my business, clean him up with wipes best I can, and love him regardless (of course).

Then, yesterday, grandma drops him off in a pooped pull-up. I clean him, change his pants and top, and he still stinks to high heaven. Quickly discover that under his socks his feet are caked in poop! Dried and caked. The only thing getting that off was a long soak in the tub. The inside of his shoes had a layer of it too. But the socks were clean. I guess they hoped I wouldn't notice. Smh. Still smh.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 06:52 AM 09-23-2015
#1 I would look at family and say "OH my! WHen you asked for early hours I didn't understand the full circumstances! I know darling boy would love to spend the day with mom and friends! Certainly don't feel obligated to bring him. What a great chance for mom to hang out with son! Never feel like you must bring him when he could spend the day with his parents. I will miss him of course, but I am sure mom would miss him more knowing she could have had that time!"

#2 Document and call children's services. Poop on feet in shoes... there is something wrong. That is a safety and well being issue.
KiddieCahoots 07:06 AM 09-23-2015
I second that there is something not right there.

Unclean is one thing, caked on poop, under clean socks ......

document that sh!t...hahaha....
Silly Songs 07:07 AM 09-23-2015
That's just gross !! It's neglect, plain and simple. Why would you not call the parents and have them come get him, take him home, bathe him and bring him back ready for the day ? Maybe you need to sit them down and explain hygiene to them. You shouldn't have to, but if he comes not too clean , it affects others. Yuck. Poor baby.
mommiebookworm 07:50 AM 09-23-2015
Poor guy
Some people really suck at being parents.
Play Care 09:23 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
I second that there is something not right there.

Unclean is one thing, caked on poop, under clean socks ......

document that sh!t...hahaha....

(I mean it's not funny, but...)
Blackcat31 09:37 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by KIDZRMYBIZ:
Had a dcd ask me this morning for a 15 min early drop off on fri. I don't do contracted hours, so this would be before opening time. I have in my contract that I may allow this at my discretion and a $5.00 charge. The $5 is a joke. $5 is just nothing. I can do it, I just don't WANT to - my own kids leave for school and I have a 15 minute window to walk my dog around the block, which early drop off takes away. Not worth $5.

But here's the icing on the cake: dcd explains he needs early drop off because he has an early work project, and dcm is "actually taking the day off to babysit for another church family, so she doesn't want to have to bring those kids out to drop off dcg at daycare." I just don't know about people anymore.

And......I have a dcb that comes from a home that maybe isn't the cleanest, to put it nicely. This child almost always could use a bath, doesn't get cleaned up well from diaper changes at home, clothes/hands/face always dirty with food. Just so unkempt, even nasty at times. There are so many speculations I can make, but nothing really dangerous to him, only unsavory, so I go about my business, clean him up with wipes best I can, and love him regardless (of course).

Then, yesterday, grandma drops him off in a pooped pull-up. I clean him, change his pants and top, and he still stinks to high heaven. Quickly discover that under his socks his feet are caked in poop! Dried and caked. The only thing getting that off was a long soak in the tub. The inside of his shoes had a layer of it too. But the socks were clean. I guess they hoped I wouldn't notice. Smh. Still smh.
"Sorry DCD, I don't open until X. You'll have to go in later or have DCM drop off as I am not available tomorrow for an early drop off."

You don't have to say why, just that you can't do it.
Ariana 09:39 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
Poor guy
Some people really suck at being parents.
Yes poor little guy Like what the royal F*&%#?? I would have freaked on the parents about caked poop on feet and called children's services. That is not right.
littletots 10:01 AM 09-23-2015
I've also had dcp want me to adjust my schedule to accommodate their plans. Like 1hr late p/u because at water park. If I hear dcp going to same water park I say leave early traffic gets bad.
KIDZRMYBIZ 10:36 AM 09-23-2015
Thanks, Mrs Steinsel. I sent an email to dcm and dcd with similar wording that yes, I can open early, for the fee, but that they are certainly not obligated to have dcg attend daycare when she could be with them. We shall see how they reply.

And on dirty dcb, you are all correct. It is not right. But apparently it isn't legally wrong either. CPS made 2 visits to their home last year courtesy of their older children's (there are 4 of them) school that had complaints about the quality and quantity of packed lunches. I guess CPS was unable to find any criminal neglect or abuse, and nothing came of it as far as I know. I think they are just some parents that live and raise their children very differently than I do. My choices are to term and forget about them, or try to make dcb's days a little nicer by being with me. I did talk to dcd about it at pick-up, to make it perfectly clear that he didn't get dirty like that here, and I expect better from them moving forward.
Second Home 01:33 PM 09-23-2015
Poor kid , that makes me sad. I feel bad for the older siblings as well , they must have a hard time in school if they are not clean like little dcb .
nannyde 02:26 PM 09-23-2015
I have a chapter in my book called "Pig Pen's Parents"

It gives you very specific words to say to get it stopped.

It's very uncomfortable but you have the right to only host clean people in your home.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 07:08 AM 09-24-2015
I would still call CPS, they may not have had anything last time but poop on a small child is a hazard! Call and ever time there is something else, call.

The child I kept calling CPS about I am glad I can honestly say that I tried and I called- repeatedly and that it is on CPS not me. (her baby brother was murdered by boyfriend) I was no longer doing care for them by that point- boyfriend was a better choice anyway she is safe and was taken away. She is now a beautiful little kindergartner (adopted mom sent me pictures).... it is just too sad that it took Connor's death to accomplish that. It still breaks my heart that she didn't bring them to me that night- I had told her at any time I wouldn't ask questions I would just take them. Drunk boyfriend when she went to work was the better choice...

Call, call again.
Reply Up