Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Gift Idea
bklsmum 04:42 AM 11-15-2016
I am sure most of you know about Kohls Cares for Kids where they have books with matching stuffed toys. I buy a lot of the sets for the daycare. Right now they have Madeline, Paddington, Corduroy and Curious George. $5 per stuffed toy or book and it also benefits charity. Gifts for my crew were SO easy and cheap this year! I just bought them each one toy and it's matching book! Only $10 per kid and a gift I am going to really love giving them!
Baby Beluga 05:42 AM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
I am sure most of you know about Kohls Cares for Kids where they have books with matching stuffed toys. I buy a lot of the sets for the daycare. Right now they have Madeline, Paddington, Corduroy and Curious George. $5 per stuffed toy or book and it also benefits charity. Gifts for my crew were SO easy and cheap this year! I just bought them each one toy and it's matching book! Only $10 per kid and a gift I am going to really love giving them!
I love giving books for Christmas gifts.
Blackcat31 06:29 AM 11-15-2016
I love the books!

I buy the stuffed animals for my pup!
His favorite is Curious George!
Second Home 07:27 AM 11-15-2016
I was thinking about getting the books that you can personalize with each child's name . There was a deal on groupon recently .
lovemydaycare0912 07:59 AM 11-15-2016
I saw on Group customized pillow cases for 5 bucks each. I have to pay for shipping but thought that was cute.
daycarediva 11:17 AM 11-15-2016
They're getting $1 books from scholastic and I'll be lucky if they make it through the Christmas party without ripping them to shreds.

No more gifts that these kids do not want, need or appreciate.
Gemma 04:15 AM 11-16-2016
I've always gave gifts to the parents, maybe this year I buy for the kids instead
lovemykidstoo 05:38 AM 11-16-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
They're getting $1 books from scholastic and I'll be lucky if they make it through the Christmas party without ripping them to shreds.

Just spit my coffee out lmao. That's about right though isn't it? My present was this morning when I was having trouble with my 5 day a weeker that throws a fit every single morning when mom drops off. The dad that dropped off the next child said 5 times how much they appreciate me. Made my day!
daycarediva 06:08 AM 11-16-2016
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Just spit my coffee out lmao. That's about right though isn't it? My present was this morning when I was having trouble with my 5 day a weeker that throws a fit every single morning when mom drops off. The dad that dropped off the next child said 5 times how much they appreciate me. Made my day!
YES! The appreciative parents (and their children!) make it worthwhile! No gifts necessary, just follow my policies and let me assist you with raising a decent human.
Miss A 07:44 AM 11-16-2016
I put together a photo book online of our year in photos, almost like a yearbook. I have a small group, only 3 families so it wasn't expensive, maybe $45 for all 3. It will be gifted to the child and their family, so I kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I hated having to make special "parent gifts" with each child, and I never thought the end project was worth all the time and supplies.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 08:56 AM 11-16-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

THIS! ^

I spend every birthday and "gift giving" holiday begging people to please not get my own children more toys. They have sooooo much and its hard to teach appreciation when people just keep giving them things ALL THE TIME. (Candy at every trip to anywhere, a balloon and stickers every grocery trip, a "consolation" prize because its not your birthday but I know its hard to watch brother open presents) How can Christmas or their own birthday be a special gift receiving event when presents are the norm all year round?

I love the ideas though about the picture books or the present for parents!
Unregistered 10:46 AM 11-16-2016
Been "giving " the same thing for all 22 yrs of doing this job. I select a couple children from the giving tree in our community. Each child helps me wrap the presents at our Christmas party and take a group photo with the presents. A framed photo and letter telling of our activities is given to each parent. The money I would have spent on gifts for dck s instead is used for kids who truly are in need. (I have children in my care whose parents are a physician, attorney, college professor and a published author-none of them have ever known what it is to be needy)
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 11-16-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Been "giving " the same thing for all 22 yrs of doing this job. I select a couple children from the giving tree in our community. Each child helps me wrap the presents at our Christmas party and take a group photo with the presents. A framed photo and letter telling of our activities is given to each parent. The money I would have spent on gifts for dck s instead is used for kids who truly are in need. (I have children in my care whose parents are a physician, attorney, college professor and a published author-none of them have ever known what it is to be needy)
We give here too!

We choose a charity and then spend the time from Thanksgiving until Christmas collecting items for that charity.

Once we are done collecting, we take a photo of all the kids by the stuff and submit it to the local newspaper.

Then I take the week between Christmas and New Years off and call it good. My "giving" for daycare is done.

See you after the new year!
Reply Up