Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT - Muslin Blankets
MNMum 11:59 AM 06-06-2013
This is completely off topic, but I wondered if this group would have opinions. I am due with baby #4 in 5 weeks. I would like to get some of the Muslin blankets. They are so expensive! I am wondering if the "Summer" brand is as good as the Aden + Anais brand? Also, is the A + A bamboo better than the A + A cotton? Being that this is a July baby, I think they would be the perfect material to have on hand, but not make baby so hot.
AfterSchoolMom 01:01 PM 06-06-2013
I LOVE them! I have the A&A cotton ones. Yes, they are expensive, but they come in packages of 3 or 4 and they're washable and so versatile. I use them for blankets, changing pads, floor covering, sun shades, burp cloths.... My baby was born this past August and they're really great for the outside heat/indoor AC issue.

I received two packages for baby shower gifts and I really don't use more than one or two, so the use you get out of them vs. the expense is really not that bad.
AmyKidsCo 01:12 PM 06-06-2013
My most recent DC baby was born in May and used the gauze blankets - they were AMAZING! IMO they're totally worth the price.
SilverSabre25 01:17 PM 06-06-2013
My dcbaby has the AnA ones and I really like them. BIG and awesome for swaddling. Like really, really awesome for swaddling. ANd big enough to drape over the stroller to shade her from the sun and bugs
Evansmom 05:10 PM 06-06-2013
I don't know what blankets you are talking about so I don't know if they have special features or something. But if they are just a big square of muslin, couldn't you just get the dimensions and go to the fabric store and buy the fabric? Muslin at the fabric store is rarely over 2$ per yard in my area.

Sorry if this isn't helpful but I'm pretty thrifty and always looking for inexpensive ways to do things. Hitting the fabric store, buying used (you could place an ad on CL looking for the blankets you want) or the thrift store are my favorite ways to do this.
Evansmom 05:16 PM 06-06-2013
Quick google search showed me the blankets you are taking about. I love those and bought my new baby granddaughter 2 at the resale shop for $3 each. Also you can buy similar fabric at the fabric store called cotton gauze. Muslin is actually a different fabric than what they use for those swaddling blankets.
blandino 05:18 PM 06-06-2013
I just bought a 4 pack of Aden and Anais on Amazon for $36.95. We and the kids just love them.
littlemissmuffet 10:49 PM 06-06-2013
I have over 50 receiving blankets and my A&A ones are definitely my favorite. They are perfect for summer, extra large and very versatile!
MotherNature 05:37 AM 06-07-2013
The A&A ones sold at Target are actually slightly different than the ones sold elsewhere. While they still get soft & awesome, they don't get as soft as the others. Never used the Summer ones, but I have found A&A at Goodwill, b/c they get Target castoffs. Also, try craigslist, diaperswappers, or ebay. You can find used and new for great prices on those.
Reply Up