Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Default Knee Replacement And Staying Open

I need a knee replacement and am beginning to plan for it. I hope to have it done on a Thurs/fri, close the next week , then open with a preapproved helper. I have no idea yet what to expect recovery wise. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:05 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Here is a helpful article: https://bonesmart.org/knee/recovery-...CAAEgKhLPD_BwE
Old 06-25-2018, 04:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I need a knee replacement and am beginning to plan for it. I hope to have it done on a Thurs/fri, close the next week , then open with a preapproved helper. I have no idea yet what to expect recovery wise. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
I am not sure your age or what kind of shape you are in. I just know it is a hard surgery to recover from when it comes to lifting kids and being able to keep up. If your helper is going to be doing most things while you supervise it probably be ok. If you need to still be able to move a lot I would be concerned. I would think it would take months to being back to normal.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:28 PM
Lover of all things B&W

I had foot surgery 2 years ago. Two weeks in bed, then 2 months non-weight bearing. I have a full time helper, so she just kind of took over for those 2-3 months. Once I was able to get out of bed, I would go sit with her and the kids and have my foot up, but I couldn't do anything to help for those 2-3 months. I could not have done it without her, absolutely not. If you trust your helper to take over, go for it... if you will need to still do a good chunk, you may have a hard time with that.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

That is very unrealistic. You will probably be in too much pain to even supervise someone else. You will need someone to replace you for at least 2 months...
Old 08-07-2018, 11:45 PM
Daycare.com Member

I know this is a hard surgery. I hope you can recover well.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

I see this thread is a few months old but I would advise taking more than a week to recover. My grandma had a knee replacement and she said it was the worst pain of her life. So much so that she is refusing to do the other knee.
Old 07-11-2021, 08:09 AM
New Daycare.com Member

The recovery takes time. My grandma had foot surgery one month ago, and she still stays in bed.
Old 07-13-2021, 12:45 PM
Daycare.com Member

I totally agree with you

Tags
knee replacement