Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Is There Any Grounds For Suing The Daycare?
ChiPa 02:26 PM 11-28-2017
I was leaving my two year old toddler at a daycare for 3 days a week. I have not been entirely satisfied with her care but I having no alternative, I continued to leave my child at the daycare.

One day, my daycare provider asked if I could leave my kid from noon onwards instead of the usual 8:30 a.m. drop off time. Her reason was that she was applying for a larger daycare, and she "wanted to have few kids so that she could concentrate on the inspections ".

I said that I needed some time to think about her request. She texted me the next day asking for my answer as she had plans of requesting another parent as well. My thought process was simple - as a daycare provider applying for a large daycare license, and who is supposed to take care of children, isn't this request contrary to her very vocation? I said that I am not comfortable with her request. This entire episode raised a red flag, and having doubts about her care, I pulled my kid out of her daycare.

Here lies the problem - since I didn't provide the mandated 4 weeks notice, she's refusing to pay my deposit (a month's fee). Can I sue her?

There have been other issues as well such as her not feeding my kid a snack along with his milk inspite of my repeated requests.

I have all this recorded in our texts. Please advise.
Tags:forfeited deposit, small claims, sue
Up