Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Preschool Car Time
amanda 11:24 AM 07-12-2011
Hi There,

Can anyone help me with road activities for preschoolers?
I spend a lot of time with my preschooler driving around.
Do you have activities to turn this time to more useful?
I found that www.mypreschoolers.com on the web, but not a lot more.

Thanks,
Amanda.
Michael 11:30 AM 07-12-2011
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!
cheerfuldom 01:07 PM 07-12-2011
How much is "a lot of time"?
Unregistered 01:15 PM 07-12-2011
My child spends a lot of time in the vehicle with us as well since we all love to travel. He used to hate these trips until we invested in a portable DVD player. We also use preschool music CDs that he can listen to and we keep headphones in the vehicle so he can listen to them by himself for shorter everyday trips. We also bring lots of coloring and activity books. For the lengthy out of town trips, a DVD player and a handful of full lenth movies is worth every cent the player costs.
Abigail 10:38 PM 07-17-2011
You can play a game of "I spy" and find certain things while driving around. We do this on our walks with the daycare kids like "I spy a stop sign" and they need to find it because I spy another object. Picture books are another good thing.
SilverSabre25 06:18 AM 07-18-2011
There's nothing wrong with kids having down time when they aren't being entertained--when they have to entertain themselves, look out the window, ask questions, wonder about things you're passing.

Time spent without activities, time to think and wonder and ask, is just as, if not more, useful as any "educational activity" you could come up with for him to do in the car.
sharlan 07:08 AM 07-18-2011
I use the time to sing songs and just talk - do you see the airplane/bird/cloud, what color is the stop sign, etc.

Has anyone seen the "stop the why" Union 76 commercial? It is the most absurd thing I have seen. The kid asks stressed out Mom and Dad questions and Mom dials a number on her cell and hands it to the kid.
Tags:transportation, transportation - activities
Reply Up