Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Recipe for a perfect Monday morning!
mamamanda 07:46 AM 02-19-2018
Set up a couple folding style card tables, cover them with large blankets, & throw a few stuffed animals around the room. The kids have been camping out & reading books in their "forts" for quite a while now. We might even get crazy & have smores style trail mix for afternoon snack!! Fun day
storybookending 08:39 AM 02-19-2018
I mop the floors every other Friday (Swifter WetJet during the week) and in the winters when we can be outside until pick up I have taken to pushing my dining room table into the living room after PM snack and doing the exact same. Sometimes the get blankets over it and sometimes they don’t but they love it either way.
Josiegirl 09:18 AM 02-19-2018
It's amazing what kinds of simple spur of of the moment things will keep them happy for awhile.
Even The dcks are getting sick of winter and snow and seem to be overly territorial about our snow mountain outside. So last week I brought a bucket of Little People and dinosaurs to play with in the snow. We enjoyed over an hour of fun outdoors with 0 squabbles. Then for the 4 yo who looked like she was getting bored, I took some chalk and wrote alphabet letters all over the backyard for her to find.
mamamanda 09:33 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
It's amazing what kinds of simple spur of of the moment things will keep them happy for awhile.
Even The dcks are getting sick of winter and snow and seem to be overly territorial about our snow mountain outside. So last week I brought a bucket of Little People and dinosaurs to play with in the snow. We enjoyed over an hour of fun outdoors with 0 squabbles. Then for the 4 yo who looked like she was getting bored, I took some chalk and wrote alphabet letters all over the backyard for her to find.
Oh so fun!!
mamamanda 09:33 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I mop the floors every other Friday (Swifter WetJet during the week) and in the winters when we can be outside until pick up I have taken to pushing my dining room table into the living room after PM snack and doing the exact same. Sometimes the get blankets over it and sometimes they don’t but they love it either way.
That's a great idea!!
hwichlaz 10:56 AM 02-19-2018
add in some carpentry squeeze clamps and you have lots of fun.
Tags:daycare environment, mondays
Reply Up