Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hand Foot and Mouth Question
Msdunny 11:53 AM 03-03-2020
HFM question. Do the spots always show up only on feet and hands (and of course face)? I have a little girl with red spots on her face, but the others are on her upper thigh and knees. I just assumed they were some type of bites, but now I’m not sure since the spots on her face seemed to come up over the morning. I didn’t think to check her feet before nap time, but will check. Just wanted info. so i can hopefully exclude HFM.
Blackcat31 11:56 AM 03-03-2020
I’d simply exclude for unknown rash until the child’s dr has officially diagnosed.
Michael 11:56 AM 03-03-2020
Here are more threads on the spots/rash from Hand, Foot and Mouth: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...h+illness+rash
Msdunny 12:01 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
Here are more threads on the spots/rash from Hand, Foot and Mouth: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...h+illness+rash
Thanks! I was just getting ready to do that research!
Second Home 12:03 PM 03-03-2020
I had a dck who only had spots on the legs. Within a week her brother had it on has legs , face and mouth.
e.j. 02:55 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
HFM question. Do the spots always show up only on feet and hands (and of course face)? I have a little girl with red spots on her face, but the others are on her upper thigh and knees. I just assumed they were some type of bites, but now I’m not sure since the spots on her face seemed to come up over the morning. I didn’t think to check her feet before nap time, but will check. Just wanted info. so i can hopefully exclude HFM.
I've seen kids with the rash inside their mouths, on their chest, backside, arms and legs as well as around the mouth and head, hands and feet.
Ariana 07:12 PM 03-03-2020
The child I had, had it on her wrists, face and lips. I got an official diagnosis and I excluded until the sores had crusted over and could be covered with bandages.
Msdunny 04:11 AM 03-04-2020
After I asked this question here, she started have red, swollen, hot to the touch joints (knees, elbows, and ankles), and more spots. Mom took her to the doctor and he said it is an allergic reaction to the amoxicillan she started taking last week. I was shocked! I dont' think I have ever heard of a reaction being so delayed.
Second Home 05:32 AM 03-04-2020
I have seen some reactions to medicine show up a week later and even with the last dose taken .
Ariana 10:01 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
After I asked this question here, she started have red, swollen, hot to the touch joints (knees, elbows, and ankles), and more spots. Mom took her to the doctor and he said it is an allergic reaction to the amoxicillan she started taking last week. I was shocked! I dont' think I have ever heard of a reaction being so delayed.
I am not saying the DR is wrong by any means but my daughter had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin and it was a red rash on her arms. The pharmacist told us to watch for it and to come back if it happened. The allergy was diagnosed by the pharmacist but I assume she knew what she was talking about. She gave us a different antibiotic and it went away. She also advised us to go for actual testing but we never did and my daughter was fine with amoxicillin when she needed antibiotics 4 years later. Maybe there are different degrees if reaction. Swollen joints sounds very extreme
Msdunny 10:07 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I am not saying the DR is wrong by any means but my daughter had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin and it was a red rash on her arms. The pharmacist told us to watch for it and to come back if it happened. The allergy was diagnosed by the pharmacist but I assume she knew what she was talking about. She gave us a different antibiotic and it went away. She also advised us to go for actual testing but we never did and my daughter was fine with amoxicillin when she needed antibiotics 4 years later. Maybe there are different degrees if reaction. Swollen joints sounds very extreme
I felt the same way, and really feel like this could be more. I am watching her today pretty closely. She has spots all over, but the joints are not red or swollen like yesterday. I am planning to check her after naptime and I will call mom if it happens again. My daughter had something like this as a child, and it ended up being a staph infection that took 2 different doctors to diagnose.
Tags:coxsackie, eczema, fifth disease, fifths disease, hand foot and mouth, hand foot mouth illness rash, hfm, hives, impetigo, papular urticaria, rash - face, rash policy
Reply Up