Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ok, Quick, I Need Help! OT
Brooksie 09:33 AM 12-19-2013
I forgot DBFs birthday!!!!! He brought a present home last night and I asked who it was for and he said it was from his parents for him birthday which is Monday. I totally forgot to the point that I couldn't even play it off that I really knew. I am so broke right now and I have no idea what I can do for him. I'm drawing a blank. Between Christmas and closing my business and getting this new house and dealing with our landlord and sick dd, my brain is mush. Ideas?! Please?!
BumbleBee 09:41 AM 12-19-2013
Buy a cheap Superman poster. I bought the one with just the superman emblem & the rest of the poster is blue. Cost me, idk, 5 bucks at wal mart?

Anyways, I took a permanent marker & wrote on the poster "You are my Super Man! Happy Birthday!" & signed it, then wrote the year next to it. I put it up where he spent most of his time and waited until he noticed.
Leanna 09:42 AM 12-19-2013
How about a coupon for a massage? Or a home cooked, candlelit dinner for two at home?
thetoddlerwhisper 09:43 AM 12-19-2013
mine has a bday monday too. hes just getting a big christmas because he wanted a blender and new gym pants
Brooksie 09:51 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Buy a cheap Superman poster. I bought the one with just the superman emblem & the rest of the poster is blue. Cost me, idk, 5 bucks at wal mart?

Anyways, I took a permanent marker & wrote on the poster "You are my Super Man! Happy Birthday!" & signed it, then wrote the year next to it. I put it up where he spent most of his time and waited until he noticed.
He's a super man FREAK. lol he has a ton of collectibles and I got him a new super man figure for Christmas and a hand carved Kryptonite key or whatever. ]. I like your idea but do you think it might be over kill? I also have atrocious handwriting.

The massage thing might work. My sister is a massage therapist and I stole a lot of tricks from her trade. But he always pokes fun at me because I've only ever given him 2 massages I know, I know... considering he rubs my back every night I should probably step it up. lol
kelsey's kids 10:02 AM 12-19-2013
What does dbf mean?
melilley 10:05 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
What does dbf mean?
dear boyfriend
melilley 10:06 AM 12-19-2013
I like the candlelit dinner idea. Then maybe a massage after dinner with desert...
daycarediva 10:20 AM 12-19-2013
I once gave dh a coupon book for lots of things. Taking out the trash, 'get out of jail free card' to use when I was mad at him over something, free massages, and some 'dirty' ones thrown in for good measure.

He seriously saved (and used) every one of those suckers.
Brooksie 10:22 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I once gave dh a coupon book for lots of things. Taking out the trash, 'get out of jail free card' to use when I was mad at him over something, free massages, and some 'dirty' ones thrown in for good measure.

He seriously saved (and used) every one of those suckers.

daycare 10:56 AM 12-19-2013
when I first met my husband I had no money and he wanted to exchange gifts for christmas. I gave him a hand made coupon jar

I was going to type it all and then I found this on line..... Mine was not that cool....

honestly its not what you buy, its what you do....... I can't cook, so that would never be a gift from me, but this site has some really cute ideas..

maybe you could put birthday wishes................

http://lovinglifeforless.com/2012/12...h-a-printable/
Reply Up