Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Consistent Napping Schedule for Infants
kb220 07:10 PM 08-10-2018
Hi everyone,

After taking over for another teacher in the infant room (now working elsewhere), I'm realizing that none of the babies (ages 2 to 10 months) are on any kind of consistent sleep schedule. And only one (7 months) falls asleep independently.

In the next few weeks, we'll be bumping them up to the older infant room where there is one nap offered in the middle of the day and little to no rocking or patting to help them sleep. With some coming only two days a weeks and all of them pretty used to sleep chaos, I'm not sure how to go about breaking some bad habits and getting them ready for the transition.
trytobearunner34 02:07 PM 08-11-2018
I only have a small home daycare that has only been operating for a year so I’m sure there are others here with more sage advice. However I would suggest focusing more on the independent concept if at all possible rather than trying to tackle both at the same time. At least for the infants that are around 4 months and up. Does your space have a separate area for napping?
Unregistered 04:54 PM 08-11-2018
Originally Posted by trytobearunner34:
I only have a small home daycare that has only been operating for a year so I’m sure there are others here with more sage advice. However I would suggest focusing more on the independent concept if at all possible rather than trying to tackle both at the same time. At least for the infants that are around 4 months and up. Does your space have a separate area for napping?
There's a half of the room gated off for the cribs but it's not a very substantial barrier. I've literally had instances where someone on the opposite side of the play wall stuck their hand into someone else's crib. There's also a glass door on that side of the room that lets in a lot of sunlight.
Tags:barrier, classroom management, curtains, infant safety, infant sleep time, nap schedule, napping routines
Reply Up