Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Frustrated!
akpayne 06:03 AM 05-25-2012
I am just so frustrated- I am advertising like crazy. I had a bunch of calls, a couple great interviews (I thought they were great) and no call-backs. I don't know what else I should be doing. I have two PT spaces filled but If I dont get a couple more PT or a FT I fear I might have to go back into the workforce.

This is what I want to do, and I adore the extra time with my children but I cant risk it financially.
wdmmom 06:46 AM 05-25-2012
Always go the extra mile.

I require 3 in person interviews before signing on with me. After every interview I walk them to the door, shake hands and thank them. I wait about 24 to 48 hours and send a 'Thank you' email which invites them to contact me with any questions, to set up another interview, etc.

I would say i hear back from every 4 out of 5 people i interview.

Usually i only set up about 3 interviews per opening and i can usually fill it with 1 of those 3 interviews.
akpayne 10:40 AM 05-25-2012
Thank you- good tips to remember. I guess Im just gonna keep plugging away and hope things work out
dEHmom 10:52 AM 05-25-2012
Hang in there, there are highs and lows for filling the spaces. I used to take it personal when i'd do interviews and they didn't call back, or if they never showed for the interview.

I started doing the thank you emails which sort of puts you back in their heads, especially if they are considering other daycares at the time. And it has greatly improved my call backs.

Confidence is key. I've also learned some people skills by reading some of the books I mentioned in the book reviews section. It's important to focus on them, don't talk too much about yourself. By this I mean, don't just run through what you offer, your space, etc. Allow them to take the lead. If they ask a question, try and tie it back to them or their child in particular.

Example: Some days I get off work at 2pm and I'd like to pick up ______ from daycare early.

my answer: If you are going to be picking up early, please let me know at least half hour before you pick up so i can have ______ ready for you. However, I recommend not interupting your child's nap on a regular basis, as it is important for them to get their rest after a busy morning. If you can, it would be best to pick them up before nap time starts, or after nap time. I'm sure you can understand how important a child's nap is, it might be a good chance for you to run your errands, grocery shop, or read a book until your child wakes up.
Tags:advertising, bad economy, filling spots
Reply Up