Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Provider Blues
KidGrind 06:07 PM 11-01-2017
It's been awhile and wanted to say, "Howdy!"

I miss taking care of the littles. My family is happy to have our home all to themselves. I've been holding on to all my daycare stuff in hopes they'd changed their minds.

They haven't.

I revisited a former career path. It's been working out great. Currently waiting to hear back with a company I interviewed with. A great opportunity if their decision swings my way.

When I see babies though, my heart melts! I've been experiencing the Provider Blues. I miss doing daycare.

And if I am offered this new position, I've decided to sell all of my daycare stash. Even though I am trying to talk myself out of selling my Runabout.

As if I need an eight seater.....

My husband just asked me, "Do you miss daycare?"

Of course I said,"Yes I am writing about it now!"

".....those newborns are awful. You spoil them. They grow up rotten and you thing they're angels."

He is such a hater. LMAO!

It is so hard to put an exclamation point on my daycare days are over. It was business for me. I did LOVE the babies. And the cash and tax breaks were pretty darn good.
Snowmom 07:13 AM 11-02-2017

I hope the job comes through for you.
Blackcat31 07:23 AM 11-02-2017
Hello!!

It's easy to miss it when it's not there...
I always "think" I miss my littles over the weekend.
Then Monday comes around and I think it must have been temporary insanity

Nice to *see* you again!
daycarediva 09:13 AM 11-02-2017
best wishes on the job!!!!

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Hello!!

It's easy to miss it when it's not there...
I always "think" I miss my littles over the weekend.
Then Monday comes around and I think it must have been temporary insanity

Nice to *see* you again!
SAME!

I loved the desk job over summer IN a daycare because I could fill in, hang with little kids and play a bit- then go back to my semi quiet office.

I'll never work for anyone again though. So now the goal is open my own center!
rosieteddy 06:47 AM 11-03-2017
I totally get it.I left the daycare world 2 yrs ago for health reasons.I am just now finally getting rid of most everything.I was so happy on Halloween when 5 of my last group stopped by.After 25+years of running my home daycare it really is hard.Like Blackcat said we miss them then Monday comes and were like ??????.I like the idea of working in office of a DC.best of both worlds Good luck.
Cat Herder 08:21 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
I like the idea of working in office of a DC.best of both worlds Good luck.
Yeah, not what it is cracked up to be. All adults drama, all. the. time. Run

Believe it or not the kitchen/laundry room was the most fun daycare job I ever did (covering maternity leave). In at 5am, out at 1pm, the kids were excited to see you every day plus you got to sub in rooms for potty breaks and deliver birthday cupcakes almost daily. Just enough time in each room to get kid your fix with no real adult drama. I felt like Super *favorite* Aunt.

Kidgrind, I hope your new career works out. Sorry things did not work out the way you wanted. For now. Never say never.
daycarediva 09:37 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Yeah, not what it is cracked up to be. All adults drama, all. the. time. Run

Believe it or not the kitchen/laundry room was the most fun daycare job I ever did (covering maternity leave). In at 5am, out at 1pm, the kids were excited to see you every day plus you got to sub in rooms for potty breaks and deliver birthday cupcakes almost daily. Just enough time in each room to get kid your fix with no real adult drama. I felt like Super *favorite* Aunt.

Kidgrind, I hope your new career works out. Sorry things did not work out the way you wanted. For now. Never say never.
YES! Our cook was the favorite of everyone! He was prepping snack while the kids were going down for nap, and then he was out. He loves his job!

ADULT DRAMA. UGH. I would take a cranky room of toddlers any day.
Play Care 10:03 AM 11-03-2017
I'm envious that you are done! Counting down the days here
Tags:missing daycare, moving on
Reply Up