Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Phone Ringing During Nap?
newtodaycare22 11:36 AM 12-30-2011
Does anyone else have a major problem with this???

Nobody ever calls my house except during nap, I swear. Some kids are dead to the world, some wake up and go back to sleep, but some wake up and can't go back to sleep. It's so annoying. I can't take it off the hook because I'm required to have a working home line for daycare purposes.

Any ideas?
familyschoolcare 11:46 AM 12-30-2011
Can you turn the volume on the ringer down.

Also, do you have a cell phone that can count as a working phone.
Michelle 11:53 AM 12-30-2011
I have a cell and put it on vibrate
Sunchimes 11:54 AM 12-30-2011
I bury mine under the quilt that I keep on the sofa. I can still hear it, but it doesn't wake the babies. At least I do when I think of it. Too often, and always the days I forget, it wakes them up. I swear, it won't ring for a solid week, and the day I forget, someone calls.
grandmom 02:05 PM 12-30-2011
I also bury mine. Then when I answer, I whisper. They get the idea. When I aske people to call me back, I always remind them: not during nap time please. Over the years it has helped a lot.
dave4him 02:52 PM 12-30-2011
I really hate when that happens
Christian Mother 03:58 PM 12-30-2011
Yup, have that same prob. too...with my home # I have the volume down extra low and comply low to not hear at all in my bedroom where one of the kids sleeps. With my cell I have it on vibrate. If on the off chance I forget to put the volume down I pick the phone up most likely someone asking about donations and then tell them sorry my kids are sleeping and hang up.
Blackcat31 07:37 AM 12-31-2011
My kids must all be deep sleepers, I vaccum during nap time!

In all the years I have done this job, I have never had to limit the noise level during nap time. We just go about our business as normal and still all my kiddos sleep. (This thread just made me appreciate that much more... )
beachgrl 07:53 AM 12-31-2011
I have to have my home phone ringer turned down and put my cell on vibrate as I have had the same issues!
Sunchimes 05:00 PM 12-31-2011
You are so lucky Blackcat. When my first dck was a baby, she was that way. She slept in a pnp in the living room with the tv on. She outgrew it though. And I have one that wakes up when a gnat sneezes. And screams and screams. We tiptoe ar!
2ndFamilyDC 05:56 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I bury mine under the quilt that I keep on the sofa. I can still hear it, but it doesn't wake the babies. At least I do when I think of it. Too often, and always the days I forget, it wakes them up. I swear, it won't ring for a solid week, and the day I forget, someone calls.

I do the same thing.....
The sound of a ringing phone is pretty loud and startling in a quiet house.
newtodaycare22 10:36 AM 01-03-2012
Hmmm..burying it-interesting concept. ) I'll have to look at the volume and consider how to cover it. Thanks guys! I can't only have a cell phone-regulations said a land line is needed (and I even have to have one corded phone, not power operated)

Thanks!
Tags:nap - disruptions
Reply Up