Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>15 Month Old Terrible Napper! Waking Other Child
brittmreed 02:11 PM 12-01-2015
I have 2 kids that need to nap in 1 room. One is a 2 year old who co sleeps at home, so he cries for about 10 minutes before falling asleep. The other is a 15 month old who does not sleep well at night and her parents are working on sleep training. Her mom says they take her to bed with them if she won't calm down At nap time it's chaos. They both settle and sleep usually within a half hour, but then the 15 month old wakes up crying after an hour or less and wakes the other child. It's so frustrating because normally he would sleep almost 3 hours! What should I do? If I take her out after an hour I feel like I'm just giving in, but if I don't she will wake the other child.
Michael 04:01 AM 12-02-2015
There may be a previous thread here from Nap disruptions that may be of help: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+-+disruptions
childcaremom 04:32 AM 12-02-2015
I had a child like that. I tried so many things.

Sometimes, nothing works. I just had to term one that age. I tried everything and nothing. So I have no magic cure but I feel your frustration.

I really try to get the parents involved as much as possible. It is in their child's best interest to have a good rest and be able to self soothe. This is what I do at daycare, please do the same at home.

But at the end of the day, I put a star on the calendar of when I wanted to see improvement by. If there was none, then I termed. I tried for 4 months. It was awful for everyone, esp the little one that was not napping.

And I just read "Sleepless in America". Ha, I should get royalties for the promos I've been doing. It is pretty insightful and a really good one to recommend to parents so that they can see the benefit of a good sleep and what happens when kids don't get the rest that they need. And it also talks positively about daytime naps, so there's that.

Good luck!
brittmreed 09:09 AM 12-02-2015
Thanks! That is very helpful. I have tried all of those things, it's very frustrating because love her mom and she is totally on board with whatever we need to try. This kid just has some serious sleep issues. If I could separate her I would but it's not an option. I'm going to give it a few more weeks I guess.
Tags:nap - disruptions
Reply Up