Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So, You Want Cheap Childcare??? Get to Steppin'!!!
TBird 12:23 PM 12-06-2011
UGH!!!

I met this lady looking for childcare MONTHS ago. She called me and wanted to see my place right away. She sounded pretty desperate as her parents couldn't watch the little boy anymore, so I agreed that she could come over right then. She came and I could tell that she was very impressed as the other places she had seen weren't CLEAN and they were also overcrowded. So, I tell her how much I charge for two meals, two snacks, all outings & a formal mail order preschool program ($175 Flat Fee per week, which is actually right on point for my area). I gather ALL of my paperwork and email it to her....all of which took about an hour.

Anyway, obviously the pricing wasn't for her because I emailed her my paperwork and gave her a follow-up call. She said she would call me back and never did.

Well, guess who emails me today??? She starts off with how busy she is and sorry she didn't get back to me, yadda yadda. She wants to enroll her son NOW and she believes I quoted her $150 per week....HUH???

Anyway, I email her back and tell her NO...I quoted her $175 per week and all that it included and to let me know if she's still interested and THEN I would email her my contract again to review (by this time I already know that she's looking for 'top shelf' childcare at a cheap price). So, she sends me back an email that says: WOW! $175 and I thought $150 was extending my budget. That is steep...let me ask my husband and get back to you tomorrow, ok???

This is what I said to her.....
Yes. I provide all of the food, a great service, and my preschool program is mail-ordered at a cost of $85 per month (and more depending on how many children I have at a given time). I totally understand considering costs. I remember paying $200 per week, providing my own food, and there was no learning program whatsoever...we basically paid for someone who we knew was SANE! Again, good luck in your search!

She responded twice more saying that it was expensive and she'd have to get back to me. I kept saying GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH! I know she just can't afford me and that's fine. But to never get back to me and THEN comment on my pricing??? I'm not for everyone but I'm sure not hurting for kids so keep it moving sister....maybe those dirty, over crowded places are what you get for $150 in this area??? I haven't a clue but just keep it movin'!!!
Tags:cause and effect, interview - follow up, parents - changing things, rates, rates - fair and reasonable, rates appropriate families, responsibility
Up