Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im sorry, but as a mother, all Im seeing you ladies talk about on here is dollar signs...Just as in Doctors, its all about the money, since when did actually enjoying and taking care of children because you want to, and get the benefits of it turn to dollar signs.... Pretty fricken SAD! Hence why my child was pulled from an in-home DayCare... You talking about not getting anything from it??? How sad for your families you take care of...
Enjoy your career Ladies..........
I do enjoy caring for children, I do enjoy my career, and I do enjoy being paid for my 65+ hour work week, having a degree in the field, and investing a very large amount of time/money into my home day care.

I could not, would not, do this simply because I enjoy it. It is a HARD job, one that I wouldn't do without financial incentive, and one that has numerous non-financial rewards.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdunny View Post
Oh heck no!! Ain't nobody got time for that!!
NO WAY! That has got to be the most childish thing I've ever seen a parent do. Do they have any idea how ridiculous they look? It's clear that you will be much better off without the stress of this family.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

And as usual I didn't look at the older dates in the original posting. One of these days I will get used to that.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im sorry, but as a mother, all Im seeing you ladies talk about on here is dollar signs...Just as in Doctors, its all about the money, since when did actually enjoying and taking care of children because you want to, and get the benefits of it turn to dollar signs.... Pretty fricken SAD! Hence why my child was pulled from an in-home DayCare... You talking about not getting anything from it??? How sad for your families you take care of...
Enjoy your career Ladies..........
I am sorry, but as a Mother I find it sad that you believe a daycare provider should not work for money.

Spoiler Alert: You leave your child in daycare to work for money. Hypocrite much?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
I am sorry, but as a Mother I find it sad that you believe a daycare provider should not work for money.

You leave your child in daycare to work for money. Hypocrite much?

Love my "job"! It's called that though, because I do it to earn a living at it and yes, I wouldn't do it for free!

It's hard work...some days more than others! I'm thankful that I have a job that I've enjoyed and find fulfilling for these past 27 years!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:28 AM

I'll make it easy for anyone who is wondering....

I AM in this for the money.

Plain and simple.

The other stuff that comes with this job are just perks.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I'll make it easy for anyone who is wondering....

I AM in this for the money.

Plain and simple.

The other stuff that comes with this job are just perks.
Exactly. I love that we were compared to doctors.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

If you are truly looking for constructive criticism it is this: Your original letter was reasonable and professional. BUT THEN. You took the bait thrown at you by an emotional and embarrassed parent who was lashing out and that made things worse. In the future, remember that NO ONE is going to handle being told their child is terminated as gracefully as you'd like, cut them some slack and just wash your hands and walk away. You don't deserve to be treated unkindly, but you opened yourself up to continued attack by going back and forth with her when she responded. She agreed to drop off the money, that is what you asked her to do. You should have said, "Thank you." and never heard from her again.

Tags
2010, funny unregistered posts, termination