Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Doing Anything Special for Easter?
Josiegirl 03:59 PM 04-03-2019
What do you all do with your group? Any crafts or activities? Special snacks? Do you give them goodies or books or baskets for Easter?
I used to do so much. I just don't have it in me anymore. But being the last holiday I'll celebrate with the dcks, I'd like to do *something*.
Any suggestions?
springv 04:36 PM 04-03-2019
We do an Easter egg hunt and all the parents by ting special, snacks to share
Michael 06:44 PM 04-03-2019
Here is another thread on Easter Crafts: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85927
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 04-04-2019
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. This year is a no.

I have too many things going on right now to stress or plan for a holiday that has become so commercialized that I cringe at the thought of it.

Plus it falls on a weekend and I don't work weekends so this is one holiday the parents can manage on their time.

I do plan on making sure to send the obligatory "DO NOT send your kid back to daycare with a candy hangover from the holiday" letter though....

I am NOT dealing with the fall out of too much candy AND boiled eggs.
rosieteddy 06:46 AM 04-04-2019
My go to for Easter was always basic.We would color paper eggs ,make a basket on a bigger paper.The basket was strips of colored construction paper or just torn up pieces .Depending on the age they just glued it to the drawn basket.Then if I was very ambitious I had some of the fake grass .They glued that and then glued the eggs onto it .I would print Happy Easter or Happy Spring.This would be the weeks activity .One day color eggs ,next day make basket 3rd day glue grass and eggs onto basket ect.The last day we made bunny hats a strap around their head with the colored Ears attached staples with tape over.I usually put them together at nap.Then we had a "easter snack"store bought cookies with "spring milk"(tiny bit of strawberry or choc)or pink juice.Parents seemed to want something sent home.They did look pretty cute with their bunny ears on at pick up.
Cat Herder 06:46 AM 04-04-2019
I have always done a big decorated party with an Easter Egg hunt and a Christan Themed Heirloom craft and lesson plan. Lot's of cute pastel photos and go home baskets with small goodies and gifts for each child.

This year I don't have to as the schools changed their Spring Break to that week and I will be closed. I did not even realize the amount of time and cost this simple schedule change would save me. I am also happy because last years weather wreaked havoc on my lawn and landscaping, with several dead evergreens needing replaced $$$ and the photos would not have been up to par with previous years.

It's the parents' turn, I suppose. I believe the school plans to keep this schedule for the next 5 years. Other than having to reschedule my annual vacation, I think I am going to like this change.
LittleExplorers 08:32 AM 04-04-2019
We might have a fun snack and maybe paint something egg shaped but that is it. As a society, I think we have too much stuff. Kids will get things from mom, dad, aunts, uncles or grandparents, maybe even all of them.
Tags:easter - activities, easter crafts
Reply Up