Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>stinky feet
Unregistered 12:30 PM 08-01-2014
I have a two kids who have terrible smelling feet and shoes what can I do? I've already powdered their shoe I've sprayed the shoes with Lysol. Anyone else have this issue of so what did you do? I can't stand stinky feet.
melilley 12:37 PM 08-01-2014
Some kids just have naturally stinky feet. My mom said that I had the stinkiest feet when I was younger. She tried everything, but nothing worked.
permanentvacation 12:50 PM 08-01-2014
My younger daughter had really stinky feet when she was in 3rd grade. It was from a fungus on her toenail. We couldn't see the fungus. I just finally took her to the doctor about her stinky feet. He said she had a fungus and gave us some medicine for to put on her toes (I don't remember what it was called) that burned her really badly, and the doctor told us not to put her in closed shoes, she had to always have air to her feet. In the winter, she would wear snow boots to school and back home, but then wear sandals (or go barefoot) inside all day and night. I don't remember how long she had to use the medicine, but she went barefoot for about a year. Probably because we were in the habit and were afraid the fungus would come back if her feet got sweaty.

So, I would suggest taking the child to a doctor and getting them to check the child's feet.
permanentvacation 12:54 PM 08-01-2014
Lotramin AF is sold in Walmart and other stores over the counter in the foot fungus aisle. It is made to fight fungus. It might help the child you are talking about.

Just a side note, Lotramin AF is also AWESOME on diaper rash. My older daughter's doctor suggested it for her when she was a baby. I have suggested it to all of my daycare parents with babies.
hope 01:02 PM 08-01-2014
I had a dcg that came with stinky shoes. She was a well groomed sweet little girl so the foul odor just made me laugh. How could such a nasty big smell come from such a sweet little thing? Anyways, I sprayed her shoes with vinegar when she was here so that it didn't stink up my home. And I also sprayed her feet with a vinegar solution mixed with soap.
melilley 01:09 PM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
I had a dcg that came with stinky shoes. She was a well groomed sweet little girl so the foul odor just made me laugh. How could such a nasty big smell come from such a sweet little thing? Anyways, I sprayed her shoes with vinegar when she was here so that it didn't stink up my home. And I also sprayed her feet with a vinegar solution mixed with soap.
I've noticed that certain shoes make their feet stinky!
Cat Herder 02:47 PM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a two kids who have terrible smelling feet and shoes what can I do? I've already powdered their shoe I've sprayed the shoes with Lysol. Anyone else have this issue of so what did you do? I can't stand stinky feet.
I wash them.

The shoes, socks and feet.
Hunni Bee 10:28 PM 08-02-2014
I have a dcb who never wears socks. He had to take his shoes off for an activity last week, and his feet/shoes smelled like vomit It was so gross....but i don't know what I'd do. His mom would get super offended and she probably wouldn't change a thing.
Play Care 02:08 PM 08-03-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I've noticed that certain shoes make their feet stinky!
I had a couple of SA boys that would wear Keens - they are notorious for getting stinky. I finally had to ask mom not to send them with those on because it was so bad that other kids were getting sick from the smell!
DaisyMamma 07:38 AM 08-05-2014
How can these parents not care? or notice?
I would be very embarrassed for myself and my child. Its disgusting!

These kids are coming into your home! I would say something. The parent will be embarrassed but it will likely not happen again.
Tags:bath tub, full care, laundry
Reply Up