Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Nature Lover

Default Syatic Nerve

I dont know if I spelled that right but I hurt this morning pretty bad from mine. I think thats whats bugging me. All I know is, I could barely get out of bed and walk. Then if I sit down it is sooooo painful to get up.

Has anyone had theres act up? What did you do to get relieve. Last mouth mine bugged me off and on for about a week but I don't remember it being this bad. I hope today goes quick because its going to be hard chasing the group today if I feel this way-
Old 03-09-2012, 07:29 AM

Sciatica pain is tough. Sometimes sciatica goes away on its own. Treatment, if needed, depends on the cause of the problem. It may include exercises, medicines and surgery.

Sorry I wasn't much help as that is all I know. I have known people who regularly see a chiropracter for treatment and I know people who have had surgery too soo....
Old 03-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Nature Lover

It went away on its own last month and it was so nice to have it gone. I would just like to know what causes it so if its something I can pervent I would at allllllll cost!!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

dh was off work for a month years ago because of it.. the steroid shot in the back worked wonders for him and he has had no problems since then.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have been dealing with this for about three months now. It is horrible. It is so bad that the lower part of my leg goes completely numb and I have actually fallen a couple of times.

Here's what I have found helps, but doesn't completely alleveiate it:

walking more than sitting
icy hot
ice packs
specific back/ab/calf exercises and stretches
Motrin.....LOTS of it.

That's all you can really do, as far as I know.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Accupuncture and stretching.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:37 PM

I had it bad in my 2nd trimester of pg. I had to go see a chiroprator and massage. I could barely walk.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 PM

My Mother and I both have problems with Sciatic nerves. Hers is worse than mine and she has to get a shot sometimes for it. Mine acts up when I have been overactive or bending too much. Every year like clock work I get it flared up when I work on my flower garden because of the prolonged bending. I feel your pain I know I have barely made it into the house before and when I do I collapse on the couch in pain. I take Extra Strength Tylenol for mine but it doesn't take all the pain away. It hasn't stopped me from doing daycare yet though. Those days are free days the kids can play anything they want as long as they want. I hope you feel better soon!! Def not a picnic!!

Tags
back pain, injury, sciatica pain, stress