Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Gift Ideas Please
snbauser 09:23 AM 06-03-2012
I have a very well liked employee that will be leaving me the middle of this month. She has been here for 3 years now and is awesome. I am sorry to see her go but she has decided that as much as she loves the kids, she needs a break and I can respect that. She also is about to deal with some major surgery for her daughter so needs to be able to focus on that and the extensive recovery that will require. I really want to get her something as a thank you gift for everything she has done but I am at a loss as to what to get her. She is a very private person. A gift card just doesn't seem personal enough, especially because I usually get all of my teachers gift cards for Christmas and their birthdays. Any ideas?
Kaddidle Care 10:21 AM 06-03-2012
Wow! I'm so impressed that you would do this. I don't think a gift card is too impersonal - perhaps one to a local restaurant that does take outs so she doesn't have to cook after her daughter's surgery.

A note leaving the door open so to speak would be nice as well. It's so nice that you appreciate your employees like this.
MyAngels 03:19 PM 06-03-2012
There is a place near me that prepares and packages complete meals that can be frozen and then basically just heated up and served. They market them for busy families, but I always get a week or two's worth for friends/family that are facing things like medical crises, upcoming surgeries, etc.

Maybe a spa gift certificate. She could probably use some relaxation and pampering.

Restaurant gift certificates, too, particularly for places near the hospital or near her home for use when her daughter is in the hospital and/or recovering.
cheerfuldom 06:54 PM 06-03-2012
Some fun activity for her family to enjoy pre-surgery....amusement park tickets, zoo tickets, etc?
MizzCheryl 10:44 AM 06-04-2012
Mani / pedicure certificate.
Tags:gift ideas
Reply Up