Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Now I've Seen It All!!!!
mommiebookworm 11:37 AM 11-11-2015
We came in from playing in the snow. Everyone is playing, while I throw snowpants and coats in the dryer. I walk by dcg2, and she has raccoon eyes! She was wearing mascara! What in the world!
Wow! I've never seen that before!
Michael 11:41 AM 11-11-2015
That's a new one. I had to create a new tag for "Children Wearing Makeup".
mommiebookworm 11:47 AM 11-11-2015
Originally Posted by Michael:
That's a new one. I had to create a new tag for "Children Wearing Makeup".
Hahaha!
DaveA 12:03 PM 11-11-2015
Part of me is sitting here saying "WHY???????) The other part wants to ask DCM for tips- I can barely get DD to brush her hair in the morning. Let alone sitting still long enough for makeup.

Seriously- would never thought of that. Oh brother.
Thriftylady 12:03 PM 11-11-2015
Maybe mom was getting dressed and she asked for some?
mommiebookworm 12:22 PM 11-11-2015
Thriftylady, what's funny is Dad gets her ready and drops her off every morning! Mom starts work at 5 am.
Blackcat31 01:09 PM 11-11-2015
Just had a 3 yr old come in this morning and ask me if I liked her face.

I was like "your face?"

And her mom promptly replied "Oh, she's wearing make up today"

....like it was no big thing.
daycare 01:19 PM 11-11-2015
so last week one of my dcks lost their grandpa...

this week the kid comes in and about an hour after being here, Says you want to see my grandpas teeth. he is 4......... I look at him expecting to see him show me his teeth with a funny face NOPE ....... out of his pocket comes false teeth.

I was really grossed out and surprised and just asked him to put them in his box.

dcm came top pick up and I tell her she was oh yeah he wanted to share those today WTH.............I didn't respond I just gave a look....
Play Care 03:11 PM 11-11-2015
Am I the only one who was more freaked out but the fact they have SNOW than the mascara?!
daycare 03:23 PM 11-11-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Am I the only one who was more freaked out but the fact they have SNOW than the mascara?!
lol....... I am convinced that nothing in CA will ever happen but sun and wind.....lol I wish we had some rain let alone any snow....
Silly Songs 03:28 PM 11-11-2015
It's 80 degrees here and I have the a/c on !
e.j. 04:40 PM 11-11-2015
I was thinking the same thing!
Mad_Pistachio 06:49 PM 11-11-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
she has raccoon eyes! She was wearing mascara!
It's called "waterproof," Mom!
mommiebookworm 07:52 PM 11-11-2015
I'm in Colorado, so it's pretty much winter here!
mommiebookworm 07:53 PM 11-11-2015
Oh my goodness, daycare! I would have freaked out if I saw someone's grandpa's teeth!
daycarediva 04:24 AM 11-12-2015
Have a dcg come in daily with eyeshadow. It looks RIDICULOUS.
DaveA 04:38 AM 11-12-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Have a dcg come in daily with eyeshadow. It looks RIDICULOUS.
Next thing you know center picture day will have to have a makeup artist on staff.
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
Oh my goodness, daycare! I would have freaked out if I saw someone's grandpa's teeth!
You and me both. I'd have lost it. Even worse to me is the jewelry made from cremation ashes My wife's family got pieces made after my FIL died- the women got necklaces and guys got cuff links. There is no way in #@^% I'm wearing them. I have a DCK that has a set of earring and necklace from Grandma for when she gets older. When DCM told me it was all I could do not to go EWWWW!!!!!!!!!
Blackcat31 06:26 AM 11-12-2015

It's already snowed here too.

Hasn't stayed but it's been here.

Forecasting a few inches by end of day today.
nanglgrl 06:30 AM 11-12-2015
Meanwhile in Iowa we had a tornado last night...no mascara kids though so we're good.
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 11-12-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Meanwhile in Iowa we had a tornado last night...no mascara kids though so we're good.
I saw that on the news...

Close to you? Everyone okay?

That is the ONLY weather phenomenon that freaks me out.
Blizzards, rain, sleet, ice etc... I can deal but tornados?

SquirrellyMama 06:39 AM 11-12-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
What I found most interesting about our weather last night was the fact that at one point E. Iowa had a tornado watch and W. Iowa was getting snow. I think we had all the weather we could possibly get in one day. Thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes, high winds, snow...

Kelly
nanglgrl 07:21 AM 11-12-2015
Yeah the tornado was about 15 minutes away. We hung out in the basement, thankfully I was already closed for the day!
BabyMonkeys 08:51 AM 11-12-2015
I'm jealous! It's 90 degrees here in Orlando. My little guys point out the window and say "hot" because they know that it's just too hot to go outside other than first thing in the morning. It should not be 90 in November!
Tags:children wearing makeup, makeup
Reply Up