Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ideas For Return Gifts In Birthday Party
preeti22 09:50 PM 01-01-2013
Hi, i have planned a birthday party for my 6 yr old daughter next week. i have selected a "Princess Parties" theme for birthday. But i am in confusion what should I give as return gift to kids?? I am thinking about coloring books.. any other ideas???
melilley 10:28 PM 01-01-2013
Coloring books are great! You could also give crayons to go with them. You could also make little gift bags and put in princess themed pencils, jewelry like necklaces, bracelets or rings (the fake plastic kind), stickers, bubbles, anything that your daughter and her friends like that would fit into the bag.
CrackerJacks 10:46 PM 01-01-2013
I like the coloring book idea..you can check out the Dollar Store, a lot of times they have $1 coloring books and $1 crayons.
Scout 05:41 AM 01-02-2013
check out pinterest for ideas. There's a ton of cute stuff on there!
daycarediva 07:17 AM 01-02-2013
depending on budget, I might try to get inexpensive princess dress up items (or prince, for any little guys attending).

I know the $ store here has tiaras, star wands, tutu skirts, jewelry, and dress up shoes.

My dd went to a birthday party where the Mom dressed up like a queen and greeted each child at the door with a magic wand, and told them that they were now real princesses/princes for the party and gave them the above items. She called each child "Princess *****" the entire time. My dd got SUCH a kick out of that, and some of those dress up items are STILL in use by daycare kids (7 years later!)
Scout 09:48 AM 01-02-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
depending on budget, I might try to get inexpensive princess dress up items (or prince, for any little guys attending).

I know the $ store here has tiaras, star wands, tutu skirts, jewelry, and dress up shoes.

My dd went to a birthday party where the Mom dressed up like a queen and greeted each child at the door with a magic wand, and told them that they were now real princesses/princes for the party and gave them the above items. She called each child "Princess *****" the entire time. My dd got SUCH a kick out of that, and some of those dress up items are STILL in use by daycare kids (7 years later!)
I wonder what I could do for a boy party? Pirates?? Give em each an eyepatch?!
Mommy2One 10:05 AM 01-02-2013
You might check out www.haloheaven.com. I haven't bought from them personally (you need a $20-$30 minimum purchase for free shipping and my one dd doesn't need that much stuff!) but they have all kinds of crowns, wands, tutus, bows etc. that would be perfect for a princess themed party. Their prices are really cheap and they frequently run promotions.

As mentioned, the Dollar Tree usually carries princess themed coloring books. You could also add jewelry, wands or crowns. Target and Walmart have a pretty good selection of party favors for those sort of items.

If you haven't planned all the activities yet, Michaels Craft store (and I assume JoAnne's or Hobby Lobby) sells blank foam wands and crowns that are pretty cheap. You can get a variety of foam shapes, stickers, glitter and rhinestones and let the girls decorate them during the party then they could take them home as their party favors.

If there are boys attending you could give them things that are knight (sword/shield) or wizard (wand, pointed hat) or prince/king (crown) themed, getting them from the same places as above.
preeti22 10:52 PM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
I wonder what I could do for a boy party? Pirates?? Give em each an eyepatch?!
If i organize a party for my boy then i will definitely think about this eye patch idea
preeti22 10:54 PM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by Mommy2One:
You might check out www.haloheaven.com. I haven't bought from them personally (you need a $20-$30 minimum purchase for free shipping and my one dd doesn't need that much stuff!) but they have all kinds of crowns, wands, tutus, bows etc. that would be perfect for a princess themed party. Their prices are really cheap and they frequently run promotions.

As mentioned, the Dollar Tree usually carries princess themed coloring books. You could also add jewelry, wands or crowns. Target and Walmart have a pretty good selection of party favors for those sort of items.

If you haven't planned all the activities yet, Michaels Craft store (and I assume JoAnne's or Hobby Lobby) sells blank foam wands and crowns that are pretty cheap. You can get a variety of foam shapes, stickers, glitter and rhinestones and let the girls decorate them during the party then they could take them home as their party favors.

If there are boys attending you could give them things that are knight (sword/shield) or wizard (wand, pointed hat) or prince/king (crown) themed, getting them from the same places as above.
Thanks for reply . i checked that website. its pretty much impressive. i have almost done with arrangement but i will still consider your suggestion.
preeti22 10:58 PM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

Originally Posted by melilley:
Coloring books are great! You could also give crayons to go with them. You could also make little gift bags and put in princess themed pencils, jewelry like necklaces, bracelets or rings (the fake plastic kind), stickers, bubbles, anything that your daughter and her friends like that would fit into the bag.
thank you so much for these suggestions.
Loveyoustinkyface 06:41 AM 01-10-2013
One year for my daughter's party, I bought a small Gymboree bubble kit with the blower for each child. One item only for each child! I dislike getting a bag full of junkie toys at parties. I made some very cute labels for the bubbles and everyone loved them!

BTW- I LOVE Gymboree bubbles!!!
Michelle 07:36 AM 01-10-2013
also check out http://www.shindigz.com/?utm_source=...rty%20supplies

kinda expensive but they have everything!
I ordered some really cute princess purses filled with awesome princess stuff from here..
preeti22 09:58 PM 01-14-2013
Originally Posted by Loveyoustinkyface:
One year for my daughter's party, I bought a small Gymboree bubble kit with the blower for each child. One item only for each child! I dislike getting a bag full of junkie toys at parties. I made some very cute labels for the bubbles and everyone loved them!

BTW- I LOVE Gymboree bubbles!!!
thank you for suggestions. I have done with all arrangements.but gymborre bubbles idea is really nice. i will definitely consider this.
Sunchimes 05:21 AM 03-01-2016
I have to ask. What is a return gift?
Baby Beluga 08:55 AM 03-01-2016
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I have to ask. What is a return gift?
I think it's similar to a goody bag. Something the kids get to take home from the party.
Unregistered 09:47 AM 04-19-2016
I used to buy it cups and plates at the dollar store that are really cute and then the kids got to take them home as their goodies. I usually fill them with something like cookies
Tags:2013, party - ideas
Reply Up