Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent Claiming False Accusations
Unregistered 09:41 AM 05-06-2016
Logged out to ask this.
I have a parent that I recently had to terminate due to late payments and a recent non payment. Since then she has made my life miserable by contacting health dept. for false accusations. Health dept has quickly done a home check and said all is good and that she's had this problem many of times with terminated parents making false claims. Coincidence is my food program has sent out a parent audit. She's claiming now that her children never attended my daycare. She filled out the meal forms and 2 different home inspections by food program and both children were there for them. I have that on paper. Not really another other proof that children attended since they paid by cash. WHENEVER THEY DID ACTUALLY PAY. I don't know what to do. I really am worried because of these false claims and I just feel like my life is ruined. I don't know why anyone would do something like this. I have talked with food program and they said not to worry they deal with this all the time. But I am so worried. What do I need to do from here?
Thriftylady 09:49 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Logged out to ask this.
I have a parent that I recently had to terminate due to late payments and a recent non payment. Since then she has made my life miserable by contacting health dept. for false accusations. Health dept has quickly done a home check and said all is good and that she's had this problem many of times with terminated parents making false claims. Coincidence is my food program has sent out a parent audit. She's claiming now that her children never attended my daycare. She filled out the meal forms and 2 different home inspections by food program and both children were there for them. I have that on paper. Not really another other proof that children attended since they paid by cash. WHENEVER THEY DID ACTUALLY PAY. I don't know what to do. I really am worried because of these false claims and I just feel like my life is ruined. I don't know why anyone would do something like this. I have talked with food program and they said not to worry they deal with this all the time. But I am so worried. What do I need to do from here?
Do you have a sign in/sign out sheet? I keep attendance for every child regardless of how they pay. It can be important for more than just food program reasons. It can also be used to take your standard food deduction on taxes, and used for your time/space figures. Also once in KS a boy in my care was diagnosed with salmonella and I guess doctors have to turn that in. My health Dept. lady came out, compared all my attendance records to make sure no other kids had been out ill at the same time, and complimented me on cleanliness, saying it probably helped stop the spread. I didn't know you could spread it, I thought you had to get it from food, but it can be spread in feces and such. Attendance records are very important for many reasons.
Unregistered 10:11 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Do you have a sign in/sign out sheet? I keep attendance for every child regardless of how they pay. It can be important for more than just food program reasons. It can also be used to take your standard food deduction on taxes, and used for your time/space figures. Also once in KS a boy in my care was diagnosed with salmonella and I guess doctors have to turn that in. My health Dept. lady came out, compared all my attendance records to make sure no other kids had been out ill at the same time, and complimented me on cleanliness, saying it probably helped stop the spread. I didn't know you could spread it, I thought you had to get it from food, but it can be spread in feces and such. Attendance records are very important for many reasons.
I don't have a parent sign in sheet but I have my own notebook I track children's names, dates, arrival and depature times. Parents don't sign. I keep this for records of payment.
MunchkinWrangler 10:27 AM 05-06-2016
I would send her a cease and desist letter asap. She is free to make claims and it sounds like you have everything in order but I understand the stress this causes.

The fact that she is doing this and petty and immature. I would send her a warning and even a statement saying that you could sue for libel. I would also let her know that she can continue to do what she is doing and it won't matter because at the end of the day you are a good provider and you'll pass everything she throws your way. But, she could get in big trouble because the claims are false. Is there any way you can take her to small claims court for the money she owes? I would threaten that as well.

I understand if you are just worried for your own sake, it sucks to have to have pop up visits for something you're not even doing.
KarenSue 10:32 AM 05-06-2016
I wonder when tax time rolls around if she will still expect a receipt. Since her kids "didn't attend" in her lying mind.
Unregistered 10:44 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
I would send her a cease and desist letter asap. She is free to make claims and it sounds like you have everything in order but I understand the stress this causes.

The fact that she is doing this and petty and immature. I would send her a warning and even a statement saying that you could sue for libel. I would also let her know that she can continue to do what she is doing and it won't matter because at the end of the day you are a good provider and you'll pass everything she throws your way. But, she could get in big trouble because the claims are false. Is there any way you can take her to small claims court for the money she owes? I would threaten that as well.

I understand if you are just worried for your own sake, it sucks to have to have pop up visits for something you're not even doing.
It's $150 that she owes so small claims would be a waste of time and money. Just have to swallow that one. It's such a mess.
Unregistered 10:46 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by KarenSue:
I wonder when tax time rolls around if she will still expect a receipt. Since her kids "didn't attend" in her lying mind.
That's true, and it was paid in cash too
sleepinghart 11:02 AM 05-06-2016
~Did she sign a contract or fill out any papers upon enrollment? If so, I'd think that and your personal sign/in/out notebook would be plenty, but not for sure. ~...Best wishes.
Unregistered 11:06 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by sleepinghart:
~Did she sign a contract or fill out any papers upon enrollment? If so, I'd think that and your personal sign/in/out notebook would be plenty, but not for sure. ~...Best wishes.
Enrollment forms yes and then a food program form.
daycarediva 11:12 AM 05-06-2016
I would send her a cease and desist for her fraudulent claims as well as a demand for payment with the threat of collections. I wouldn't bother with small claims for such a small amount, but I WOULD let her know that I was aware of her antics and she was the one who still owed money.

I would include a photocopy of her food program enrollment. What an idiot.
Unregistered 11:17 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would send her a cease and desist for her fraudulent claims as well as a demand for payment with the threat of collections. I wouldn't bother with small claims for such a small amount, but I WOULD let her know that I was aware of her antics and she was the one who still owed money.

Thank you, I just never really had such an issue with a parent and I cannot believe someone can be so conniving to someone.
Leigh 11:24 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

You're a better person than I am. I'd go to small claims even if it cost me money in the end-because the person who is lying and trying to damage the OP's reputation DESERVES to pay for it.

I had to go to small claims last year when the person who bought my house tried to get us to buy new carpet AFTER closing because the carpets were damp from cleaning before closing (we didn't have to have them professionally cleaned-we did it to give them a nice place to move into). We offered them FULL price of replacing the carpet (my realtor told us we were crazy to offer anything, but we were just trying to be nice), which was still available for sale (which, according to the court was valued at $0 because of age). They wouldn't accept that. They wanted a luxury carpet, and wanted us to give them $8000 to carpet 2 rooms (the rest of the house was wood floors). I would have spent $8000 on legal fees to not give those con artists what they tried to bully us into. I did hire a great lawyer to go to court and make them look like fools for what they pulled (and they DID look like fools). That lawyer was worth EVERY PENNY. I know I could have won without the lawyer, but having him there gave me satisfaction. The idiot showed up with pictures of the bottom of the carpet saying that we ruined the carpet. Nope, the night my son projectile vomited 12 times on that carpet is what that spot came from, and it was UNDER the carpet, not ON it. I'm vindictive when I get screwed over-it might be a character flaw, but it's who I am. I can't stand people who try to work the system for profit (financial or emotional), and I love to see them put in their place.
MunchkinWrangler 11:33 AM 05-06-2016
It's $150 that she owes so small claims would be a waste of time and money. Just have to swallow that one. It's such a mess.
Ah, I see!
Unregistered 11:34 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
You're a better person than I am. I'd go to small claims even if it cost me money in the end-because the person who is lying and trying to damage the OP's reputation DESERVES to pay for it.

I had to go to small claims last year when the person who bought my house tried to get us to buy new carpet AFTER closing because the carpets were damp from cleaning before closing (we didn't have to have them professionally cleaned-we did it to give them a nice place to move into). We offered them FULL price of replacing the carpet (my realtor told us we were crazy to offer anything, but we were just trying to be nice), which was still available for sale (which, according to the court was valued at $0 because of age). They wouldn't accept that. They wanted a luxury carpet, and wanted us to give them $8000 to carpet 2 rooms (the rest of the house was wood floors). I would have spent $8000 on legal fees to not give those con artists what they tried to bully us into. I did hire a great lawyer to go to court and make them look like fools for what they pulled (and they DID look like fools). That lawyer was worth EVERY PENNY. I know I could have won without the lawyer, but having him there gave me satisfaction. The idiot showed up with pictures of the bottom of the carpet saying that we ruined the carpet. Nope, the night my son projectile vomited 12 times on that carpet is what that spot came from, and it was UNDER the carpet, not ON it. I'm vindictive when I get screwed over-it might be a character flaw, but it's who I am. I can't stand people who try to work the system for profit (financial or emotional), and I love to see them put in their place.
It's sad that people take advantage of others like that. Good job for you doing that. I just don't want to go through the process of it all. I just don't feel right today. I really feel physically ill to my stomach. I just can't believe it all.
MunchkinWrangler 11:37 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:

I like justice as well. I hate when people have no morals or values. Especially someone just trying to get at someone else because they're mad for something they could have avoided with their own actions. But, unfortunately, that's the world we live in today.
Ariana 12:34 PM 05-07-2016
It's sad that people take advantage of others like that. Good job for you doing that. I just don't want to go through the process of it all. I just don't feel right today. I really feel physically ill to my stomach. I just can't believe it all.
Please don't let this moron affect your health negatively. It is not personal, this is an angry person who has nothing better to do than try and feel good at others expense. I feel sad for her, what kind of a life must she lead to be so nasty. I am sure nasty things were done to her to make her this way. I think feeling compassion might help you get over the anger. You have nothing to be worried about so don't waste another minute feeling bad.
Unregistered 2 02:50 PM 05-07-2016
The same thing happened to me when I tried to collect payment and denied kid at door BC parent wouldn't pay. They accused me o beating and starving their kid. They were awful. I sent E-mail selling them to stop lying or I would sue. They then calls police and made more false accusations but obviously forgot I kicked out their kid.. BC they apparently told the cops I did all this on the same day of the call...2weks after disenrollment. Cops saw thru them. I had my dated term letter and time stamped emails. This guy made himself look so stupid....
AmyKidsCo 02:03 PM 05-11-2016
Enrollment forms yes and then a food program form.
That's some proof.

Do you have any photos of the children with her children in them? Or did any parents see the children at your house? If they did you could have them write affidavits that they saw the children at your house, when, how often, etc.
Tags:false allegations
Reply Up