Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playroom Themes
kpa0627 08:39 AM 04-15-2010
What are your playroom themes and where did you buy your things? Do you have any really neat/cute ideas that add a wow to your playroom? I'm getting ready to do mine and am thinking either garden or safari. I also want to hang a canopy from the ceiling that drapes down to the floor in one corner of the playroom with soft pillows and stuff below by the library. Ideas on other things? Pictures?
Thanks :-)
Reply
originalkat 09:24 AM 04-15-2010
I have a garden/nature theme. My business name is Green Gate preschool. My mom painted my logo near the parent entrance to the daycare room. I painted the room a light yellow, hung up white exterior shutters on the side of my windows, put up flower boxes with silk flowers, hung awning curtains, and my mom painted a tree mural in the reading loft area.







Reply
kpa0627 09:54 AM 04-15-2010
Wow, It's adorable. I'm going to be renting a house so I can't paint but I was thinking about buying some stick on appliques. I found a huge tree and some flowers and a few other things. I think I might use your flower box idea with silk flowers and I like the white shutters by the window too I think I might do that as well. Where did you get your table and chairs? I've been looking for a light colored set but haven't found any yet.
Reply
originalkat 12:26 PM 04-15-2010
Those sound like they would be cute additions to your playroom. I got the table and chairs from Pottery Barn. I love the look of them but honestly, the kids beat on the real wood with cars and the like and it is starting to show wear. I am considering getting a light colored table and getting a rectangle table in this color to go with the room. They are from VIRCO and they have a lot of colors.

That way it will stand up to more use and wont get beat up so easily.

(NOTE: THIS IS NOT A PHOTO OF MY ROOM BUT A PIC I FOUND ONLINE OF THE COLOR OF TABLE I WANT TO GET)
Reply
booroo 01:28 PM 04-15-2010
http://dreams.uppercaseliving.net/Ca...alogId=DEFAULT

go here to this link. Also look around this website. Its vinly embleshments and words that you stick on your wall, they peel off and they dont take the paint off.

the ask website is http://dreams.uppercaseliving.net

If you want a catalog let me know.

also click around a check the child room, they have some things that would work for safari theme. But you can get alot of things to help decorate your house with.
Reply
SunflowerMama 02:09 PM 04-15-2010
My daycare name is Little Acorns Childcare and I found some cute nature themed removable stickable decorations at Target for the playroom and the kiddos love them!




Reply
kpa0627 03:26 PM 04-15-2010
*booroo i would love a catalog. please email me @ kayla_redwing@hotmail.com and I will give you info so you can get that to me.

*twin mama... i like the stickers you found @ target I will have to check them out too. where did you get the posters of the multicultural children?
Reply
SunflowerMama 04:36 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by kpa0627:

*twin mama... i like the stickers you found @ target I will have to check them out too. where did you get the posters of the multicultural children?
I purchased the posters from Discount School Supply and love them!! They are very thick and durable. I purchased the baby faces and the emotions. The kids love them!

Great quality and great price IMO and you get so many posters!!

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=
Reply
Abigail 12:55 AM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
Those sound like they would be cute additions to your playroom. I got the table and chairs from Pottery Barn. I love the look of them but honestly, the kids beat on the real wood with cars and the like and it is starting to show wear. I am considering getting a light colored table and getting a rectangle table in this color to go with the room. They are from VIRCO and they have a lot of colors.

That way it will stand up to more use and wont get beat up so easily.

(NOTE: THIS IS NOT A PHOTO OF MY ROOM BUT A PIC I FOUND ONLINE OF THE COLOR OF TABLE I WANT TO GET)
I love your calendar chart on the wall...what else is on there a weather chart and what yesterday, today, and tomorrow are?
Reply
Momof2Boys 07:23 AM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
My daycare name is Little Acorns Childcare and I found some cute nature themed removable stickable decorations at Target for the playroom and the kiddos love them!



Your setup is adorable!! Where did you get your pictures of the numbers? And the Calendar & Weather hanging?
Reply
MrsCoffee 08:41 AM 08-13-2010
Wow you ladies have a beautiful setup!
Reply
SunflowerMama 12:47 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by Momof2Boys:
Your setup is adorable!! Where did you get your pictures of the numbers? And the Calendar & Weather hanging?
Thanks! The numbers I found at a teachers store and I just asked that they be laminated and then the Calendar/Weather chart is from Learning Resources. They have great pocket charts.

http://www.learningresources.com/pro...ocket+chart.do
Reply
DCMom 01:00 PM 08-13-2010
Totally jealous! Origianlcat~I love, love, love your set up~it's feels so calming. Maybe that's what I need to do; tone down the primary colors and go with more soothing colors. Those table are cool~but I don't really have the room.

Twinmama, your set up is more like mine. Lots of primary colors, letter, shapes, etc. Birch and hard rock maple furniture and storage.

I tried to post pics, but I need to re-size them or something. Quiet time is almost over so I stopped trying, lol. I will try again later; I love to share and see what others do.
Reply
Tags:playroom, themes
Reply Up