Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap rooms?
TwinMama 08:41 AM 01-07-2015
What do you all use as your nap room?

I have turned our rec room/basement into an indoor place space. Wondering where to put a nap room.

I was thinking about turning an office that we have in the basement as a nap room by setting up a bed and a couple of pack and plays.

Any suggestions, or things that worked well for you?
Unregistered 08:44 AM 01-07-2015
I use our playroom which is a bedroom as our nap room. I keep all mats and blankets in the closet when not in use.
Second Home 09:48 AM 01-07-2015
I use my family room as the nap area . I have another room that I use for the playroom . That way I can clean up lunch , eat lunch myself or do paperwork and still be within sight & sound of the sleeping kids.
butterfly 10:54 AM 01-07-2015
I've done lots of different things. When I started, I thought everyone had to have their own room. Now, all the bigger kids (usually 18mths and up) sleep on cots in our family room. I do have a separate room for babies to nap in. I have also separated off a difficult napper into the play room but it is well lit and they tend to not rest as well in there. I have up to 12 kids napping at once. Getting cots was actually the best thing I did to improve naptime here. Before that I used mats and the kids would slide around on those and try to slide their mats into other kids. Now their space is defined and they have a hard time moving the cots once they are on them.
Reply Up