Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop In Rates
Unregistered 07:00 AM 06-02-2015
I realize some of you do not have drop in rates, but for those of you that do, what do you charge for a child that does not have a set schedule? I currently have a child that is full time during the school year, but DCD is a teacher and has summers off. I have agreed to let them change to drop in during the summer, but not sure what to charge per day. I did receive their schedule for the summer and it is very random and changes week to week.
finsup 07:10 AM 06-02-2015
I charge 40$/day, it's high, but drop in care is rare around here. It's also only if I have an opening. If they want gaurnteed, they will need to pay the part time rate regardless of how many days they use. Typically I don't allow rotation days, but in this situation I may consider it if it didn't take away from other income and since I would have their schedule in advance. But yeah, drop in care for me is the most expensive option for care.
jenboo 07:59 AM 06-02-2015
If it was a child I have during the rest of the year who knows our schedule/ routine, then I would take my weekly rate and divide it by 5 to get a daily rate.
MarinaVanessa 11:21 AM 06-02-2015
That depends on what you charge for Full-time and Part-time.
Typically you should set your base rate as your FT rate. Then figure out what that is hourly. Then figure out what your PT will be (the hourly rate should be more than the hourly FT rate). Your drop-in fee should be more than your PT fee.

Here are my rates as an example:

FT 4 or 5 days a week, up to 50 hours, no more than 10 hours a day, their spot is guaranteed, fees are a flat weekly rate.
$165/wk = breaks down to $3.30/hr

PT 3 days a week, up to 30 hours, no more than 10 hours a day, their spot is guaranteed, set days and hours (can't change days week to week), fees are a flat weekly rate.
$120/wk = breaks down to $4/hr

PT 2 days a week, up to 20 hours, no more than 10 hours a day, their spot is guaranteed, set days and hours (can't change days week to week), fees are a flat weekly rate.
$85/wk = breaks down to $4.25/hr

Drop-In full day, no more than 10 hours a day, their spot is not guaranteed and based on availability, fees must be paid at drop off or before if they want to reserve their spot in advance.
$45/day = breaks down to $4.50/hr

Drop-In hourly, minimum of 4 hours required, no more than 10 hours a day, their spot is not guaranteed and based on availability, fees must be paid at drop off or before if they want to reserve their spot in advance.
$6/hr
Blackcat31 11:24 AM 06-02-2015
My drop in rate is 2.5 times my regular daily rate (broken down from full time)

Drop in's are not guaranteed space and cannot be the first drop off or last pick up scheduled for the day.
Controlled Chaos 12:06 PM 06-02-2015
I charge $40 a day for drop in. $20 half day drop in (4 hours). I have a few families I email monthly - I let them know any openings I anticipate having for the upcoming month. I end up having 3-4 drop ins a month. It is a nice bit of extra money

My normal rate is $30 per day for 4-5 days a week and $35 for 2-3 days a week.
spinnymarie 11:42 AM 06-03-2015
Our drop-in rate is about 20% higher than our highest daily rate, and they can only come from 8 am - 3 pm
Reply Up