Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holding Spots
maelb05 11:54 AM 01-27-2019
If you hold spots, how long are you willing to do so (weeks, months in advance) and what do you charge to hold the spot (per week/month)? I am okay with doing this, but not sure how to write it in my contract.
Michael 12:06 PM 01-27-2019
Here are more threads on Holding Spots: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...holding+a+spot

And Hokding Spot Policy: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ng+spot+policy
Ariana 03:42 PM 01-27-2019
I am willing to hold a spot for a couple of weeks with a nonrefundable deposit if they do not start care. If they start care, the deposit is applied to their last two weeks.

I will hold a spot IF my spot is not currently available, so for example I interviewed and signed a family on in December for my February spot, again with the deposit.
Cat Herder 06:16 AM 01-28-2019
I only hold slots with full payment of tuition.

If I have no current slot available, I do not charge to be added to the waitlist.

I also have no enrollment fees or deposits.
Blackcat31 06:23 AM 01-28-2019
The only thing I hold are babies.

If a spot is open and available, payment in full is the only way to claim it.

I am not in the business of losing money so that someone else can save money.
storybookending 10:28 AM 01-28-2019
Does anyone that doesn’t hold spots or that charges a holding fee have a form or letter theybuse to explain it?

I have two pregnant moms and two spots opening up on September 3rd. Neither will be quite ready to go back at this date and I am thinking of charging at least half to hold the spaces. Paying for spots you aren’t using is not something that happens too often here so I’m not sure how it will be received but I’m not prepared to just hold two spots open for a month.
Tags:hold spot, holding a space, holding a spot, holding spot - how long, holding spot policy, wait list, waiting list
Reply Up