Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL Ad Turned Into Garage Sale.. Yipeeee
Cradle2crayons 04:32 PM 04-27-2013
I saw an ad on CL today for a cars 2 foam puzzle mat and one of those wooden cubes with the built in puzzle things... But they were like 45 minutes away... So I asked if they had any other stuff and they did... So off I went with my two kids and one dkg. I get there and for $25 bucks I got a brand new dsi game for my daughter... A jump start cd rom... A Thomas the train cd rom for my son...the cars 2 mat, three 24 piece puzzles on the cardboard, a pretend little washing machine that works for the girls....a very nice fisher price tool box that folds out with legs with little drawers for the screws etc...a zingo board game... A connect four board game...an operation board game, 20 nice books, a fisher price globe, and a few little things. Everything had all the parts and was barely used. I was so excited. I HIT PAY DIRT!!!! The closest goodwill is an hour away. The garage sale neighborhoods all got destroyed by the last hail storm about a month ago. So this was quite a find!!! I'm on cloud nine lol.... So are the kids...

Where do you guys go to get good used toys??
LaLa1923 05:23 PM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I saw an ad on CL today for a cars 2 foam puzzle mat and one of those wooden cubes with the built in puzzle things... But they were like 45 minutes away... So I asked if they had any other stuff and they did... So off I went with my two kids and one dkg. I get there and for $25 bucks I got a brand new dsi game for my daughter... A jump start cd rom... A Thomas the train cd rom for my son...the cars 2 mat, three 24 piece puzzles on the cardboard, a pretend little washing machine that works for the girls....a very nice fisher price tool box that folds out with legs with little drawers for the screws etc...a zingo board game... A connect four board game...an operation board game, 20 nice books, a fisher price globe, and a few little things. Everything had all the parts and was barely used. I was so excited. I HIT PAY DIRT!!!! The closest goodwill is an hour away. The garage sale neighborhoods all got destroyed by the last hail storm about a month ago. So this was quite a find!!! I'm on cloud nine lol.... So are the kids...

Where do you guys go to get good used toys??
Wow.. that was good. I can't belive they didnt want more... good for you
TheGoodLife 07:52 PM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Wow.. that was good. I can't belive they didnt want more... good for you
It's so hard to find a great deal like that, awesome!!
providerandmomof4 09:58 PM 04-27-2013
We have quite a few really good second hand kids resale shops. I buy a lot of toys there. I havent found a good garage sale in a while, but i always love it when i do.
pandamom 10:06 PM 04-27-2013
Great find!

I work in a center. But I've found great toys for my boys off of our local Facebook sales. We're military overseas and people who are moving back to the states offload their toys cheap so they don't have to take them or worry about being over weight. My best find was rock climbing wall/slide climber and an outdoor playhouse for $100. Military communities tend to have a huge child population so I can always find good deals on clothes/toys
Patches 10:45 PM 04-27-2013
That's a lot for $25!! You scored big time!
AmyKidsCo 04:51 PM 04-28-2013
Wow - you made out like a BANDIT!

I don't get to rummage sales much but we have several thrift shops in the area.
Reply Up