Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Contract
ddnanny13 01:38 PM 10-24-2010
I am re-writing my contract for 2011. I have already added the part about flip-flop shoes that was talked about last week and the part about children being with their parents when mom/dad are not at work. Are there any other "big topics" you guys have found to be necessary in your contracts? Anything helps! Also, does anyone have anything about taking pictures of the kids in their contracts?
Live and Learn 01:52 PM 10-24-2010
Sounds strange but no tutus(!)...and for girls wearing dresses must have shorts on underneath...
Lilbutterflie 07:04 PM 10-24-2010
Since starting up daycare a year ago, I've had to add a lot along the way!
The biggest one for me has been an extended leave policy: for instances the children are not in your care for longer than two weeks but they still want the spot when they return. For example: teachers who have the summer off, mothers who go on maternity leave, serious illness for parent or child, and; in my case, children who have an out-of-state custody situation.
legomom922 04:24 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by ddnanny13:
and the part about children being with their parents when mom/dad are not at work.
What do you mean by this??

The only thing about photos that I have is a authorization page that they must sign to allow me to take take photos of the child for DC use only.

I dont know if you have anything in your contract about sippy cups, but that is all I will also kids to use, spill proof, leak proof sippy cups. No cups with straws! They can use for ever they want to at home, but I am not going to have my home ruined with spilled messes!
AfterSchoolMom 05:00 AM 10-25-2010
I have a box that they check and sign about taking/using photos of their children. I just state (if you check "no", I will blur or crop your child in photos that include them).

As far as big contract topics - Illness policy, payment policy, and early drop offs/late pickups policy are the top 3 IMO.
ddnanny13 06:00 AM 10-25-2010
What I meant about the part when mom/dad are at work was something someone has posted several days ago just saying that if you have the day off that children are expected to be with you. Not that it will help much but I liked the way the provider worded it.
sierrastreasures 06:57 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by ddnanny13:
What I meant about the part when mom/dad are at work was something someone has posted several days ago just saying that if you have the day off that children are expected to be with you.
I would think twice before putting this into my contract if I were you. Back in the early 90s when I first became a provider I could impliment this rule if I so desired and the parents would probably not have said a thing, however now adays there's a lot of compitition out there so I would think twice about writing this into your contract. According to my contract I am contracted M-F for consistant hours that were designed around their working hours. If they take a day off from work I'm still open for childcare.

To be honest. after 6 years during the early 90s I stopped taking care of children NOW 10 years later I find the shoes on the other foot as far as parent/provider ratio. A whole lot of things that have changed. I am charging twice as much as I did back then however the parents want three times more than what I have to offer today.
tymaboy 07:01 AM 10-25-2010
Holding fee for anyone who wants a spot held more then 2 weeks, late pickup fee, late payment fee, tuition fee.

Holding fee is nonrefundable. Tuition fee is used at end of services with a 2 week notice that way they do not skip out owing you money
ddnanny13 10:38 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by sierrastreasures:
I would think twice before putting this into my contract if I were you. Back in the early 90s when I first became a provider I could impliment this rule if I so desired and the parents would probably not have said a thing, however now adays there's a lot of compitition out there so I would think twice about writing this into your contract. According to my contract I am contracted M-F for consistant hours that were designed around their working hours. If they take a day off from work I'm still open for childcare.

To be honest. after 6 years during the early 90s I stopped taking care of children NOW 10 years later I find the shoes on the other foot as far as parent/provider ratio. A whole lot of things that have changed. I am charging twice as much as I did back then however the parents want three times more than what I have to offer today.
Completely see your point. I think I'll change it so it references more that they need to follow what they have scheduled with me. Thanks for that!
missnikki 01:48 PM 10-25-2010
My table of contents (modified to leave out things that are specific to my program):
4. CANCELLED CONTRACTS (p. 2)
5. VACATION/ ABSENCE REQUESTS (p. 2)
6. BILLING/ PAYMENT AND PROGRAM FEES (p. 2)
7. ARRIVAL/ DEPARTURE TIME (p. 2)
8. ARRIVAL/ DEPARTURE PROCEDURES (p. 3)
9. EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION (p. 3)
10. PARENT INFORMATION CENTER (p. 3)
11. ATTENDANCE (p. 4)
13. PERMISSION SLIPS (p. 4)
14. PROCEDURES FOR SICK CHILDREN (p. 4)
15. MEDICATION (p. 4)
16. LOST & FOUND (p. 5)
17. TOYS AND ELECTRONICS (p. 5)
18. CELL PHONES (p. 5)
19. COMPUTER/ INTERNET USE (p. 5)
20. MOVIES (p. 5)
21. ATTIRE (p. 5-6)
23. SUNSCREEN APPLICATION (p. 6-7)
24. PLAYGROUND CONDUCT (p. 7)
25. DISCIPLINE (p. 7-8)
26. SUSPENSION (p. 8)
27. CONFLICT RESOLUTION (p. 9)
28. PARENT VOLUNTEERS (p. 9)
29. PRIVACY POLICY (p. 9)
30. FOOD (p. 10)
31. PHOTOGRAPHS/ VIDEOS (p. 10)
32. VISITING THE PROGRAM (p. 10)
33. CHILD ABUSE REPORTING OBLIGATIONS (p. 11)
34. IMPORTANT FIELD TRIP REMINDERS (p. 11-12)
• FIELD TRIP ATTENDANCE (p. 11)
• FIELD TRIP BEHAVIOR (p. 11)
• WALKING FIELD TRIPS (p. 12)
• ABILITY LEVELS (p. 12)
• LIBRARY CARDS (p. 12)
• MONEY ON FIELD TRIPS (p. 12)
35. BILLING/ PAYMENT POLICY (p. 13)
36. SUMMER CAMP 2010 RATES (p. 14)

I'm a school age program, so you would want stuff about daipers/ bottles/ supplies like that too.
sierrastreasures 07:35 PM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by missnikki:
My table of contents (modified to leave out things that are specific to my program):

I'm a school age program, so you would want stuff about daipers/ bottles/ supplies like that too.
Great idea missnikki...
Here's mine

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Enrollment Procedures

Basic Rates and Payment Policies

Full Time

Part Time

Trial period and Termination

Vacation and absences

Holidays

Returned Check Fee

Arrival and Departure

Nap/Rest Time

Behavior Management and Discipline

Meals

Special Diets

Potty Training

Supplies Needed

Health Matters

Medication

Medical Emergencies

Changes to Agreement

A Final Note...

I love the fact that I've included "Changes to Agreement" that allows me to make necessary changes to the handbook when needed. Parents are given a two weeks notice (in writing) ahead of time of the amended paragraph to the handbook, they sign it and the new handbook is given back to them as well as posted on the bulletin board.
Reply Up