Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pregnant and Maternity ???'s
jojosmommy 09:46 AM 02-07-2011
I recently found out we are expecting and although I anticipated these questions in the months of planning for this baby I havent yet come to any good answers.

Should I close for 6 weeks, 12 weeks etc? And if so what do you think my current families will think? I am afraid if they have to use back up care for that long they might not come back. Also, 2 families are on assistance and I am not sure they could find another provider willing to take them on for such a short time (the paperwork here for assistance is horrible and most providers in the area wont take those clients.)

Should I hire someone (now) to start coming in and help out and then when baby comes have them be my sub provider? Obviously I would follow all regs in our county and get them added to my license but I am wondering if anyone has done this? How did it work?

Obviously I dont want to lose my clients (all here longer than 1 yr and 2 since I have opened) but I do not want to pay someone an arm and a leg to do sub care in my home and have the inconvience of having them here while I adjust to the baby.I do not know anyone personally who could be my sub so I will be placing an ad and doing interviews. We are on a budget so I am balancing what works for my family, myself and my clients.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.
Tags:maternity, pregnant
Up