Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termed Family Gave Me A Large Gift?
lil angels 06:52 AM 02-23-2011
I have a family that gave me 3 weeks notice that the hrs I am open will not work for them anymore. Ok that was fine I was a bit on the fence about them they don't like keeping their kids home when sick, they show up early often before I am even open, ext. I was kinda hoping that they would go because there kids are something else but they have been here for almost 4 yrs. Well kids are now 2 and 5 today is their last day and mom came in with a card and a check for $120 in side of it. Thanks for everything you will be SO missed. Wow I almost feel that I can't take it from them.
MN Mom 06:55 AM 02-23-2011
They obviously appreciate all that you have done for them. I'd feel good parting in a positive light, rather than wondering if they were leaving based on my quality of skills and using hours as an excuse!
littlemonkeys 07:07 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
They obviously appreciate all that you have done for them. I'd feel good parting in a positive light, rather than wondering if they were leaving based on my quality of skills and using hours as an excuse!
I agree!

I love when parents show their appreciation!
Little People 07:12 AM 02-23-2011
That was so nice.
Cat Herder 08:39 AM 02-23-2011
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."
Live and Learn 08:47 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."
Funny!
KEG123 09:23 AM 02-23-2011
AW, that's sweet! I'd definitely write them some sort of letter to express your thanks, not only for the money, but for the joy their children have brought you over the years.
gbcc 11:48 AM 02-23-2011
Oh that is so nice when we get those few appreciative ones!
SilverSabre25 12:06 PM 02-23-2011
aw, how awesome! That's a full week's pay for me!

One of the families that left me (my very first ever daycare family) because they wanted their 1-year old to be getting "school time" gave me a nice card and $20 gc to Trader Joe's and I was pretty touched by that.
Reply Up