Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mother Goose Time Question
MommyMuffin 11:44 AM 02-06-2011
I am using Funshine express right now and I am kind of bored with it.
Do you think MGT would work with a 2.9 yo and a 2.6yo.?
momatheart 01:18 PM 02-06-2011
I think they offer stuff for that young of an age. We have used it in preschool. I personally would not buy it for that young of an age.
lvt77 02:51 PM 02-06-2011
I use it for preschool. They do have an infant program to age2 I think.
My ages are 2.8 yrs to 5. The older ones tend to do better with it. It's not my favorite program, so I use other programs along with it.
Preschool/daycare teacher 04:01 PM 02-07-2011
I know you didn't ask about this curriculum, but may I recommend one for that age? If that is the only ages you have right now, I would HIGHLY recommend Two Steps. It's from Funsteps curriculum and they offer one for 3-5 yr olds and one for 2-3 yr olds. My experience has been that Twosteps is perfect for two year olds, but I'm not as pleased with the 3-5 yr old lesson plans (because it doesn't seem to be challenging enough for my group who will be going to Kindergarten in the Fall).
Anyway, Twosteps has a lot of fun activities for the 2-2 1/2 yr old age group specifically with creative play, large motor development, circle time activities, creative art, crafts, etc. However, they do not include alphabet or number activities because they say it's not developmentally appropriate for that age (they follow NAEYC guidelines, so I guess they know what they're talking about...). They focus more on shape and color recognition, self-help skills, art (paint, finger paints, chalk, markers...), math concepts such as same & different, opposites, matching...)etc. Each boxed kit has a free book for toddlers and if you get a subscription with them they throw in free shipping and a free CD. sorry, but I love free...
The curriculum has simple crafts for them, and it IS "cookie cutter" crafts, but my group of 2 1/2 yr olds LOVE craft time. If I can't get them to sit down for anything else that day, they come running when I get out the craft packet. And after they've finished the craft, they ask "is that all?" "what's next?"
MommyMuffin 04:51 AM 02-10-2011
I was just so curious about MGT so I went ahead and ordered it.
I am so excited to get it.

How long does it take for it to arrive in the mail?
Unregistered 12:03 PM 02-10-2011
We use MGT and love it, however it is a little hard for some 2 year olds. I also highly recommend using Leap Frog videos ecspecially the Letter Factory one it has taught all my children all their alphabet even the one who just turned 2. We also use Preschool Prep videos, they watch a video everyday while I fix lunch. Hope this helps !
Tags:leap frog, letter factory, mother goose time, preschool prep videos
Reply Up