Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Best Online Place To Buy Daycare Supplies?

Good morning,

All right we are so excited! Our home and space location is all in order. Now we just need to front the initial money to purchase all the child care furniture and toys and such. Being money conscious, where would you guys suggest? I have a consignment shop nearby so I'll of course check there too. But online places - what do you experts think? Thank you for your time
Old 03-01-2018, 04:46 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

My favorites.

https://www.bizchair.com/school-learn-and-play/ - Furniture

https://www.bettymills.com/shop/Jani..._Supplies.html - Cleaning supplies/ Utilities

http://www.orientaltrading.com/craft...SAAEgIsnvD_BwE - Craft supply

https://constructiveplaythings.com/ and https://www.learningresources.com/ca...SAAEgIC__D_BwE - Toys (many can be found on amazon as well.)
Old 03-01-2018, 07:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

I’ve found some nice quality stuff at Lakeshore Learning and Discount School Supply. But I wouldn’t say it’s cheap. Seems like all the school/daycare supply stores are pretty pricey.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

You should also look into if your neighborhood has any online garage sale sites on Facebook or check the marketplace. I refuse to pay full price for new things when I can typically find what I need a great used condition for less than half the price. It’s a good option for the things you can afford to wait on, the wants more than the needs.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Thank you for the resources. Ouch this is going to get pricy lol. I like lakeshore too. Thanks guys have a great day!
Old 03-08-2018, 02:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

Craigslist is also a really great option for all kinds of toys like blocks, toy kitchens, wooden train sets, duplos, and things like that.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

If you are handy, you can get ideas from places like Lake shore and then make them. Ikea for some things, Facebook garage sales, Craigslist, repurpose things, thrift store etc. I am super thrifty. The only things I buy new are things with grant money as they have to be, things that are cheaper to buy than make or things I don't think I can meet safety standards making myself. I do like amazon for some things. I always check sites like ebates before ordering online for cash back bonuses.

Also, start with the basics. Once you start you may end up not using what you thought you would and wanting things you didn't think of.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

IKEA!! all our daycare centers plates, cups, spoons& forks came from there. Most of the toy bins, some toys ect came from there too. They have lots of good stuff. also look on creighlist for daycare that are closing, they have the best cheap sales.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:39 PM
Daycare.com Member

I am constantly checking craigslist for daycare preschool closings. I’ve gotten some great deals and quality furniture and educational resources at 1/4 of the price of buying new

Tags
start up, supplies