Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Keep Or Terminate?
cherryhill 11:00 AM 03-18-2011
I have this daycare girl who is 27 months. She is a handful I have had her for a year she came from a nanny. She used to yell at nap the whole time because I wasn't rocking or holding her while she sleep that is what she was used to. She used to bite all the time but reading advice on this board I made her my shadow for two months and she stopped. She recently stopped yelling through nap but still screams from to top of her lungs some days, I guess it depends on her mood. Her yelling scares me I think she is hurt but she is not. I am surprised my neighbors haven't called the cops. She still continues to hit and push and tease the other kids. I can't not have her out of my view while making lunch I have to sit her on the couch or keep her next to me or she will start a fight with the other kids. Just recently my daughter said she was scared to play with dcg. I think they are all scared of her. She is a little bully. When they go near her she yells or hits because she does not want to share, she has screaming fits daily probably every 30 minutes and it is driving me crazy. she has them everywhere and anytime if she doesn't get her way. She is stressing me out and of course she is her from open to close everyday.

We had to cut out our park trips because she does not listen. I feel like I have invested so much time in her and do not want to give up but honestly I need my sanity. When she is not around the days are great.
SandeeAR 11:04 AM 03-18-2011
Any child that Scared my own kids, would no longer be welcome in my home.

I held to this as teenagers too. My oldest was terrified of snakes. A neighbor boy came over and threw a rubber snake in the pool to scare her. She went in to shock! He was 16 and she 15. He never was allowed on our property again, the entire years we lived there.
TTOTS 12:43 PM 03-18-2011
Your sanity and that of your family is and should be first and foremost over everything else. If a child is disruptive and loud, then the other children can not calm down for their quiet calm time. I'd boot her.
Live and Learn 01:28 PM 03-18-2011
I think you already know what your heart is telling you and what is best for the group........but I will go ahead and say it.....

Term her. You are a saint for keeping her for a year!.....My screamer only lasted 4 months before I had to term and that was only because she was an excellent napper. I came to the realization that I can't be everything to everyone. I suggested to the parents that they should either have Mom stay home or get a nanny and they did get a nanny.

I isn't fair to the other kids to not go to the park....KWIM?
Good luck.
morgan24 01:35 PM 03-18-2011
I would let her go. Sometimes you get one who is not a fit into your daycare in many ways and she sounds like that one. It will make your life and your kids alot easier. Good luck deciding what to do.
Unregistered 02:49 PM 03-18-2011
And I am sure it hasn't been an easy one.

But- her behaviors are being reinforced in some way in your care, and someone, maybe not you, will have to work hard to change them, be consistent, and work with mom and dad too.
cherryhill 04:12 PM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
And I am sure it hasn't been an easy one.

But- her behaviors are being reinforced in some way in your care, and someone, maybe not you, will have to work hard to change them, be consistent, and work with mom and dad too.
Maybe I didn't understand your post but her bad behavior is not enforced here. It seems everyday we have to start all over like it's Monday. I've tried I think maybe I am not the provider she needs. I feel like I have failed her but I am just exhausted. I have worked with her parents it get better for a few weeks then it's back to her normal behavior.
ms pooh bear 06:10 PM 03-20-2011
Originally Posted by cherryhill:
I have this daycare girl who is 27 months. She is a handful I have had her for a year she came from a nanny. She used to yell at nap the whole time because I wasn't rocking or holding her while she sleep that is what she was used to. She used to bite all the time but reading advice on this board I made her my shadow for two months and she stopped. She recently stopped yelling through nap but still screams from to top of her lungs some days, I guess it depends on her mood. Her yelling scares me I think she is hurt but she is not. I am surprised my neighbors haven't called the cops. She still continues to hit and push and tease the other kids. I can't not have her out of my view while making lunch I have to sit her on the couch or keep her next to me or she will start a fight with the other kids. Just recently my daughter said she was scared to play with dcg. I think they are all scared of her. She is a little bully. When they go near her she yells or hits because she does not want to share, she has screaming fits daily probably every 30 minutes and it is driving me crazy. she has them everywhere and anytime if she doesn't get her way. She is stressing me out and of course she is her from open to close everyday.
i would have because she does not listen. I feel like I have invested so much time in her and do not want to give up but honestly I need my sanity. When she is not around the days are great.
i would speak with the parents to give them a warning and if it continue i would let her go because its un fair to u and the other children she running your daycare
QualiTcare 09:45 PM 03-20-2011
for the record, i have never advised anyone to term, so this is a first...

term her!

that sounds awful and you shouldn't have to put up with it - so don't.
jen 05:37 AM 03-21-2011
Maybe I didn't understand your post but her bad behavior is not enforced here. It seems everyday we have to start all over like it's Monday. I've tried I think maybe I am not the provider she needs. I feel like I have failed her but I am just exhausted. I have worked with her parents it get better for a few weeks then it's back to her normal behavior.
I would just ignore that poster...

Her behavior is probably being reinforced AT HOME. We've all had kids who rule the roost, they have a very, very tough time at daycare.
cherryhill 05:38 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
I would just ignore that poster...

Her behavior is probably being reinforced AT HOME. We've all had kids who rule the roost, they have a very, very tough time at daycare.
Thanks I decided to term. I gave the mom notice on Friday so hopefully it will go by quick.

Thanks for all the advise I really appreciate it.
jen 07:28 PM 03-21-2011
Thanks I decided to term. I gave the mom notice on Friday so hopefully it will go by quick.

Thanks for all the advise I really appreciate it.
Good for you!
Tags:bad behavior, scared, terminate
Reply Up