Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: How many of you watch a soap opera or two during naptime?
Yes, I watch at least 1. 3 6.98%
No, I don't watch any soap operas. 40 93.02%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Off Topic: How Many Of You Watch Soap Operas?
wdmmom 10:59 AM 03-06-2012
I'm just curious to see how many providers out there watch a soap opera or two during nap time?

Any particular one?
Zoe 11:01 AM 03-06-2012
I don't, I've never gotten into soaps. I do however watch anything that I DVR, like Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, etc.

Are there even any soaps left?! I heard they all got canceled and my mom was devastated!
safechner 11:06 AM 03-06-2012
I don't watch any soap opera or tv during the day. I only watch three shows at night time. I usually don't watch tv very much but we do watch the movie if we rent (family time) on the weekends. Switch at birth, lying games, and army wives are my favorite shows.
Blackcat31 11:09 AM 03-06-2012
I Young and the Restless but since I don't have a TV at daycare, I DVR it and watch several episodes in a row.

Makes the whole cliffhanger thing that happens on a Friday less annoying. I can also skip through the scenes of characters I don't like.
wdmmom 11:10 AM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Are there even any soaps left?!
Yes...there are still a few on. I know Young and the Restless and Bold and the Beautiful are.

I catch Bold and the Beautiful most everyday. It comes on right after I lay the kids down for nap and it's only a half hour so I take my lunch break and watch it before I resume my daily duties.
MrsB 11:15 AM 03-06-2012
I still watch General Hospital but mostly DVR it and watch it in the evening. I'm with BlackCat and like cutting the whole cliff hanger part out of it. I delete alot of episodes without watching them too. Usually watch 1/2 episodes per week. Unless its a story line I really like, then I will watch more, but not usually during nap time.

On occasion I watch a recorded show during nap time but mostly do my email correspondance, paper work, bills, or my new favorite "CHAT" (when it works)
wdmmom 11:45 AM 03-06-2012
I love how DVR works! You can take an hour show and watch it in about 40 minutes! it!
wahmof3 12:00 PM 03-06-2012
My fav is The Young & the Restless

I used to watch As the World Turns (was my fav til it went off the air )
Blackcat31 12:09 PM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
My fav is The Young & the Restless

I used to watch As the World Turns (was my fav til it went off the air )
I cried when they went off the air! Carly+Jack forever!!! LOL!!
Kaddidle Care 12:21 PM 03-06-2012
I used to watch All my Children during my lunch hour (I worked 1 mile from home) but that was ooooh - 30 years ago?

Kim Delaney was a teen on it and Susan Lucci... well... life has been very good to her. She still looks great.
wahmof3 12:37 PM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Me Too!!!!
MrsB 12:41 PM 03-06-2012
I just had to add, that according to popular opinion. The majority of our days is watching soap operas and eating bon-bons. LOL

What are they gonna blame it on when their are no more soaps on?
Country Kids 12:42 PM 03-06-2012
What was the soap operal couple I think in the 80's that was talked about so much when they finally got married on the show. I mean they seemed to be on every magazine cover, the news, etc. and they weren't together in real life I don't think. I just remember everyone being sooooo excited this was finally happening.
Oneluckymom 01:30 PM 03-06-2012
Nope, I try to watch an hour of tv in the evenings but thats all I really watch. I love desperate house wives on sundays and have watched it since day 1.
MyAngels 01:45 PM 03-06-2012
I know, right?!

I used to watch ATWT and GL (until they changed the format, ick!) - I watched them with my Mom when I was younger, then it was a habit. I used to get a kick out of the fact that you could not watch for months at a time, then go back and it was like you never missed a show .

I haven't watched any since they went off the air, though.
Country Kids 01:51 PM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
What was the soap operal couple I think in the 80's that was talked about so much when they finally got married on the show. I mean they seemed to be on every magazine cover, the news, etc. and they weren't together in real life I don't think. I just remember everyone being sooooo excited this was finally happening.
OK, I know I'm answering my own question/quote but remembered their names. It was Luke and Laura I believe. You would have thought it was a royal wedding the way people were acting. I think some friends of mine even missed school so they could stay home and see it.
CheekyChick 02:09 PM 03-06-2012
I haven't watched soaps in a gazillion years. Plus, we only watch an occassional DVD in the playroom and that TV isn't hooked up to cable. It would be too tempting.
AnneCordelia 05:41 PM 03-06-2012
I used to watch All My Children before it ended. Now I don't watch anything. I listen to music most of the day. I try to read for at least 20 minutes at naptime.
daycare 05:43 PM 03-06-2012
have never, could never and would never....lol I love sports. ESPN is my middle name.
AmyLeigh 07:06 PM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
I just had to add, that according to popular opinion. The majority of our days is watching soap operas and eating bon-bons. LOL

What are they gonna blame it on when their are no more soaps on?
Reality TV!

I could never get into soaps. Actually, there is not much good on daytime TV in my opinion. We no longer have a DVR, so can't go that route. If I get a chance, I might watch something on Netflix, Hulu or YouTube. I just finished the Texas Ranch House Series (again) from PBS on YouTube.
Lucy 07:20 PM 03-06-2012
Answered yes, but didn't realize you specified "during nap time". I watch mine on SoapNet (cable channel) at 7:00 pm. NOT during the day. Big Young & Restless fan!!
Lucy 07:24 PM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Do you mean Luke & Laura from General Hospital? I used to watch that ever since before they were married. Stopped in the early 80's when I got a fulltime job. Genie Francis - "Laura" - is now on Young & Restless, by the way!!
My3cents 08:08 AM 03-07-2012
Reality Shows- at night-

My escape and thank you dvr

I do have my guilty pleasures

No Tv during the day- movies or learning videos
once in a great while- but I mostly play music for the littles.

This is my outlet the forum during the day and it can take me a long time to get anything out or skim through the post. I am up and down all day long.

This is how I roll and what works for me.
Meeko 08:55 AM 03-07-2012
Many moons ago, when I only had 3 day care kids, I used to watched One Life to Live when the kids were sleeping. My husband came home from work early and caught me sobbing as Megan died in Jak'es arms......
Meeko 09:02 AM 03-07-2012
Just in case you want a good cry!!!!!

OK never mind...link doesn't work!
Blackcat31 09:14 AM 03-07-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Just in case you want a good cry!!!!!

OK never mind...link doesn't work!
You mean this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhKMFDp-4oQ

youretooloud 11:22 AM 03-07-2012
I do watch Doctor Phil though... I'm just not into any soap operas.. I assume it'd be like trying to pick up on the story line in the third book of Harry Potter... pointless unless you been keeping up on it.
Meeko 01:35 PM 03-07-2012
You mean this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhKMFDp-4oQ

YEP! That's the one....... *sniff*.......
Tags:poll
Reply Up