Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rate Increase, Contract Renewal Etc. ??
Jack Sprat 12:02 PM 01-15-2014
When do you all do rate increases, policy changes, vacation announcements etc? I will have been open a year in May. I am considering a rate increase, but also threw around the idea of instead being paid the same rate 52 weeks a year unless I am closed due to my own illness or vacation. Not sure what I would do for my one guy who is part-time.

This is different from now. Right now I am not paid for any day I am closed or close earlier then 2. Parents if they give me a two week notice pay half the weekly rate for daycare if they are gone, if their child is sick they still pay the regular rate.

I'm not sure how to approach this, how to word the notice etc. I feel like I often give parents too many options, or am too nice.

Also, would it be obvious in a bad way if I put up my late pick up notice on the front door? I have a new set of parents that have been late twice in the last week and seem to think that "Oops I had to learn a new program, did you have plans?" is okay. After 11.5 hours with their child no matter how great of kid he is I am done.
butterfly 12:10 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
When do you all do rate increases, policy changes, vacation announcements etc? I will have been open a year in May. I am considering a rate increase, but also threw around the idea of instead being paid the same rate 52 weeks a year unless I am closed due to my own illness or vacation. Not sure what I would do for my one guy who is part-time.

This is different from now. Right now I am not paid for any day I am closed or close earlier then 2. Parents if they give me a two week notice pay half the weekly rate for daycare if they are gone, if their child is sick they still pay the regular rate.

I'm not sure how to approach this, how to word the notice etc. I feel like I often give parents too many options, or am too nice.

Also, would it be obvious in a bad way if I put up my late pick up notice on the front door? I have a new set of parents that have been late twice in the last week and seem to think that "Oops I had to learn a new program, did you have plans?" is okay. After 11.5 hours with their child no matter how great of kid he is I am done.
rate changes/policy changes happen when I feel the need. I don't wait for a specific time if I feel a change needs to be made.

I wouldn't post the policy on the door. I feel that's passive aggressive. Speak to the offender directly. If you want to let the first offense slide, fine, but make sure they know the consequences for the next offense. Stand firm and then term if necessary. I don't have any patience for late pickups. I've been burned too badly in the past -I'm a hard a$$ on that policy now.
melilley 12:16 PM 01-15-2014
I gave parents my updated policies and contract earlier this month and will do it every Jan. But I also have it in my policies that I can change a policy at any time, but I will give a 2 week notice, that way I can change anything whenever I want.

I will admit that I would probably put a note on the door or I would put something in my newsletter. That's just me.
(I'm working on developing a backbone..)

My parents pay 51 weeks a year. I do give them a week of vacation each year equal to the number of days that they attend in a week. Other than that, they pay regardless.
Jack Sprat 12:20 PM 01-15-2014
I have no backbone and have been told that I am passive aggressive the two must go together!
Tags:rate increase
Reply Up