Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dropping off DCKs at doorway...who has advice?
PolkaTots 01:19 PM 08-19-2014
I know someone posted once about having difficult drop offs take place quickly in the doorway and not letting the parent fully enter to lessen the sadness of the child. How did you approach this with parents and how did it work? I have right now that have the a long goodbye rituals when they drop off, and 2 of these children have a pretty hard time letting go. Anyone have advice on keeping drop offs short and sweet?
BrooklynM 01:33 PM 08-19-2014
I'm lucky with my set up that I can see anyone who pulls up to the driveway so I meet them at the door. Most of my parents are in a hurry in the mornings so they like the drop and run routine, but occasionally they come in and chat which is actually really nice for me. If the kids are having issues I would just ask the parents to make it short, happy and sweet at the door to make it easier on the kids. I've had to do this with 2 kids and it worked like a charm, except when they don't want to leave...
Blackcat31 01:38 PM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by PolkaTots:
I know someone posted once about having difficult drop offs take place quickly in the doorway and not letting the parent fully enter to lessen the sadness of the child. How did you approach this with parents and how did it work? I have right now that have the a long goodbye rituals when they drop off, and 2 of these children have a pretty hard time letting go. Anyone have advice on keeping drop offs short and sweet?
Here is the blog NannyDe wrote about "Buh Bye Outside plan"

https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/the-...m#comment-5552
Tags:buh-bye outside
Reply Up