Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Little Common Vent
Unregistered 08:36 AM 04-13-2015
my guess it has happened to us all
new 1 yr old 2 days a week, started first week in April
1 day a week at friends day care , 2 here, 2 with family
quite the transition for baby
we did a slow introduction , 2 hours a week in March
mom pops in this morng to grab stuff left over weekend to take to other day care today
and gives notice
she is going to friends day care full time , which sounds like they where hoping for
and give notice infront of other client dropping off who is a friend of theirs
so a huge waste of my time and energy , great baby but has been very hard transition for her and us ....lots of work
and I even turned away possible clients ( yes I can call )
but gee all this work for half month
they are paying to end of month but sounds like baby not here for rest of month
wish they had told me from day one they where hoping for full time I would of not taken child
KIDZRMYBIZ 10:50 AM 04-13-2015
I was used once, too. They had 2 kids, and were on a waiting list at a center, unbeknownst to me. They were here for 3 weeks, gave notice, and wanted their deposit back because they were on vacation for the first week of the 2-week notice, and I was closed for vacation the next. I said no, explained my contract, and they were not happy, but thankfully that was the end of it.

I'm sorry for you. It really is a waste of time and energy, looks bad to the other clients, and upsetting if we've turned away other potential clients.

Just don't take it personally. All your DCFs are only ever going to look out for themselves. You will probably hear from them in a few weeks or months asking to take DCG back. Then you can have the satisfaction of saying, "Sorry, the spot's been filled!"
Shell 10:52 AM 04-13-2015

Tags:parents - changing things, vent
Reply Up