Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 05-26-2019, 02:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default When You Close DC

Tom, I closed my dc officially May 24th. But I'll still care for a set of siblings occasionally and maybe 1 other dck. Can I deduct costs during those times, such as food, activities I do with them? And what about time spent getting rid of things, cost of dc trash, activities such as that? Or the tax acct. fees when he does them?
Or is it once you're done, you are done deducting?
Thank you!
Old 05-27-2019, 10:32 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default closed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
Tom, I closed my dc officially May 24th. But I'll still care for a set of siblings occasionally and maybe 1 other dck. Can I deduct costs during those times, such as food, activities I do with them? And what about time spent getting rid of things, cost of dc trash, activities such as that? Or the tax acct. fees when he does them?
Or is it once you're done, you are done deducting?
Thank you!
As long as you are still be paid to care for children, you are still in business. If you are now operating legally according to your state law you can continue to deduct all the same expenses. If you are not in violation of state child care licensing laws you can no longer claim house expenses on Form 8829, but you can claim all other expenses.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

Ok thanks!

Tags
closing daycare, deduction - closing daycare, tom copeland