Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Soiled Clothes
Unregistered 08:57 AM 06-23-2020
Just curious what you do with soiled clothes?

Dck had an accident in her underwear. Big mess. I typically wash any clothes that have pee accidents, but I'm definitely not running any poopy clothes through my washer and I don't want them sitting in a bag all day. I asked dcp and I ended up throwing them away. Just curious what you all do?
springv 09:08 AM 06-23-2020
We try to get it out the best we can and then we double bag the clothing and tell parents that their child had an accident and they have dirty clothing in their cubby. Usually they remeber to get them
Blackcat31 09:09 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just curious what you do with soiled clothes?

Dck had an accident in her underwear. Big mess. I typically wash any clothes that have pee accidents, but I'm definitely not running any poopy clothes through my washer and I don't want them sitting in a bag all day. I asked dcp and I ended up throwing them away. Just curious what you all do?
I don't launder anything.
Everything goes home in a plastic bag

I won't even throw anything away. Parents can take it home and toss it themselves.
Unregistered 09:18 AM 06-23-2020
Thanks!

I think next time I'll just bag it and put in the diaper bag (for ALL soiled clothes). It was just a lot of poop and I didn't want it sitting around my house. Yuck!

Do you just use regular grocery sacks or something like the diaper sacks?
Blackcat31 12:00 PM 06-23-2020
Thanks!

I think next time I'll just bag it and put in the diaper bag (for ALL soiled clothes). It was just a lot of poop and I didn't want it sitting around my house. Yuck!

Do you just use regular grocery sacks or something like the diaper sacks?
Regular plastic grocery bags
Wet bags for cloth diapers

I have used zip lock baggies before as well

Set outside on step if super smelly
AmyKidsCo 12:31 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't launder anything.
Everything goes home in a plastic bag

I won't even throw anything away. Parents can take it home and toss it themselves.
Ditto. Licensing doesn't allow us to rinse soiled clothes either, so it all goes in a plastic grocery bag. If it's really stinky I'll put it on the back porch instead of in the cubby.
flying_babyb 05:00 PM 06-23-2020
So if its poop in undies the undies go in a plastic walmart bag, the pants go in a seprate bag (along with socks or shirts ect that need a change). That way the poop dont get on the pants (which most of the time are changed due to that SMELL!)
Jo123ABC 06:37 PM 06-23-2020
I put it in a plastic grocery bag too. Sometimes I double bag it.
racemom 12:56 PM 06-25-2020
Our state requires ziplock bag, all clothes soiled go in. We are not allowed to rinse soiled clothes, but if it is a hard poo I will dump it in toilet.
Unregistered 01:54 PM 06-25-2020
Fruit and vegetable bags are also really good for small kid's undies and pants.

Unless parent says to, I would never throw it away just because it was dirty. That is a waste and $ out of their pickets for a new pair. I would leave a provider who tossed anything of mine without permission unless they waited several days and reminded and it was not taken. Remove big pieces by just dumping it and bag it and warn parents.
CountryRoads 02:24 PM 06-25-2020
Fruit and vegetable bags are also really good for small kid's undies and pants.

Unless parent says to, I would never throw it away just because it was dirty. That is a waste and $ out of their pickets for a new pair. I would leave a provider who tossed anything of mine without permission unless they waited several days and reminded and it was not taken. Remove big pieces by just dumping it and bag it and warn parents.
Mom approved throwing them away, I wouldn't have if she said no.

It was not solid. I tried to dump what I could, but it was so messy. Hence why she said to toss them.
Cat Herder 04:35 AM 06-26-2020
I bathe the child, redress and launder their soiled clothing. If it is really bad and stained I will just toss the underwear out. I ask for a pack of six to be kept in their cubby just for this purpose.

I would gladly pack up the belongings and hold the door for any parent who wanted to leave over that. Life will be hard for them if losing a pair of undies of a child who was supposed to already be potty trained is something that can rattle their cage. Walmart sells them 18 pair for $14.82. $0.82 per pair.

I could discount that $0.82 but then I'd add in the laundry detergent, use of washer, bath water, baby soap, time and effort. I'm sure we'd break even.
Tags:soiled clothes
Reply Up