Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Easiest Playdough Ever - 2 Ingredients - Very Soft and So Much Fun
Lucy 09:50 PM 03-15-2014
A friend posted this on FB and it looked like so much fun, so I tried it. I have all SA'ers - ages 5-10 - and they LOVED it!!! And it only takes 1 part hair conditioner and 2 parts corn starch! Plus the food coloring, so technically 3 ingredients I guess. Anyway, try it... so simple and fairly inexpensive!

http://pagingfunmums.com/2013/11/01/...2-ingredients/
Attached: soft playdough 2 ingredients.jpg (37.7 KB) 
Unregistered 12:56 AM 03-16-2014
Thanks! I had forgotten about this!
FCCarmyprovider 02:33 AM 03-16-2014
That's awesome ill have to give it a try!
Laurel 03:26 AM 03-16-2014
I have an occasional 'taster' of play dough. I wonder if this is safe for younger children with the hair conditioner in it.

Laurel
MamaBearCanada 05:10 AM 03-16-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I have an occasional 'taster' of play dough. I wonder if this is safe for younger children with the hair conditioner in it.

Laurel
At the bottom of the recipe it says "not safe to be digested." It looks great but I couldn't use it with 2 of my kids. I'd also worry about allergies to ingredients in the conditioner.

It is something I would try with my DD though
Angelsj 06:59 AM 03-16-2014
Just for the record, corn flour and corn starch are NOT the same thing. And I would not use this for kids who put it in their mouths, but I also don't use the high salt ones for the same reason. Not good to eat.
Laurel 07:11 AM 03-16-2014
If they are tasters I just discontinue it until they are a bit older and try again. But I'm a little leary of this because sometimes I've had children sneak and taste it. Kind of like biting, they do it in a flash before you realize it.

It does sound fun for older kids though.

Laurel
Scribbles 08:00 AM 03-16-2014
Thanks for posting this! I am definitely going to try this!

I don't have any kids who have ever ate playdoh..... I don't let the kids play unsupervised so if I did have one who wanted to taste it, I would probably have that child sit next to me while we played.
Laurel 02:50 PM 03-16-2014
Originally Posted by Scribbles:
Thanks for posting this! I am definitely going to try this!

I don't have any kids who have ever ate playdoh..... I don't let the kids play unsupervised so if I did have one who wanted to taste it, I would probably have that child sit next to me while we played.
I was at the table with them. I was helping one and turned to see another one tasting. It only takes a second.

Laurel
Heidi 03:34 PM 03-16-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I was at the table with them. I was helping one and turned to see another one tasting. It only takes a second.

Laurel
yep!

I have 3 toddlers. I am sure they'd ALL take a little taste. At least with salt dough, it'd taste so bad they'd hopefully stop at 1 taste. Although, conditioner can't taste much better.
Unregistered 09:58 AM 03-17-2014
Want to make this but not sure on:

What is one part and two parts?

Can anyone explain?

Thanks!!!!
Christina72684 10:14 AM 03-17-2014
I've made a different recipe in the past and it was so darn sticky! I'll try this one with my big kids and hopefully it'll do better! Thanks!
Luna 10:33 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Want to make this but not sure on:

What is one part and two parts?

Can anyone explain?

Thanks!!!!
It means use twice as much of one ingredient as you do the other ingredient. Example, 1 cup of A with 2 cups of B. Or 1 tablespoon of A and 2 tablespoons of B. Or 1 gallon and 2 gallons.
HTH!
Unregistered 10:53 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Luna:
It means use twice as much of one ingredient as you do the other ingredient. Example, 1 cup of A with 2 cups of B. Or 1 tablespoon of A and 2 tablespoons of B. Or 1 gallon and 2 gallons.
HTH!
Thank you-a friend called and I asked her and she let me know also.

Its rather sticky so I had to add more cornstarch and then some regular flour.

I did:

1 cup conditioner
2.5 cup corn starch (the whole container)
some flour

the kids are enjoying it though!
Lucy 06:41 PM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you-a friend called and I asked her and she let me know also.

Its rather sticky so I had to add more cornstarch and then some regular flour.

I did:

1 cup conditioner
2.5 cup corn starch (the whole container)
some flour

the kids are enjoying it though!
Awesome! We have Spring Break next week, and I'm sure this recipe will be part of it!!
DaisyMamma 05:19 AM 03-18-2014
Sounds great. I'm going to try it.
Tags:playdough
Reply Up