Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>60% So do I pass or fail?
Josiegirl 10:06 AM 04-24-2015
Lol I had 3 out of 5 dcks bawling at lunch time. I felt like such a brute. First of all I put the silverware on the table for them, 3 yo dck boasts to the other one "Nahnah I got the checkered spoon". I have many different spoons, etc. and for some silly reason this is THE coveted eating utensil. So I took it right away and gave it to the 4 yo that she was going nahnah to.
Second bawling child got no more noodles because she hadn't touched anything else on her plate except her noodles. Third child was the same reason except she did finally eat mostly everything else so she did end up getting more noodles.

Course I just remembered an incident before lunch where they were all coloring at our new child-sized table and 2 of them thought it'd be okay to decorate the table and the floor along with the paper. As soon as I saw what they were up to, I took everything away and told them to go play while I finished making lunch.
Yeh, they love me.
nannyde 10:25 AM 04-24-2015
Brought tears to my eyes. Good job!
Thriftylady 10:29 AM 04-24-2015
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Brought tears to my eyes. Good job!
Ahh another day at the office.
Unregistered 10:32 AM 04-24-2015
I had 4/5 in tears this morning they all wanting to play together which was great but couldn't do it without fighting! Each to a different area to play alone for a bit they were very upset with me haha

It's Friday! Yay haha
spinnymarie 10:35 AM 04-24-2015
A+!
Thriftylady 10:35 AM 04-24-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had 4/5 in tears this morning they all wanting to play together which was great but couldn't do it without fighting! Each to a different area to play alone for a bit they were very upset with me haha

It's Friday! Yay haha
Thank God for that!!!!
AmyLeigh 10:41 AM 04-24-2015
Hahaha. It's another day in paradise.

I just told the 2 yo that I don't believe crying when there are no tears. She just yelled louder.

All because I moved her out of the way of the big girls' tumbling. How dare I prevent an injury!
Josiegirl 10:43 AM 04-24-2015
Guess we're all just a bunch of big meanies aren't we?
NoMoreJuice! 10:45 AM 04-24-2015
Can I join the meanie club? After having a wonderful preschool lesson this morning about being respectful, two of my respectful five year old girls decided to fight about which chair they wanted. Try the floor, ladies.
MissAnn 11:35 AM 04-24-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Lol I had 3 out of 5 dcks bawling at lunch time. I felt like such a brute. First of all I put the silverware on the table for them, 3 yo dck boasts to the other one "Nahnah I got the checkered spoon". I have many different spoons, etc. and for some silly reason this is THE coveted eating utensil. So I took it right away and gave it to the 4 yo that she was going nahnah to.
Second bawling child got no more noodles because she hadn't touched anything else on her plate except her noodles. Third child was the same reason except she did finally eat mostly everything else so she did end up getting more noodles.

Course I just remembered an incident before lunch where they were all coloring at our new child-sized table and 2 of them thought it'd be okay to decorate the table and the floor along with the paper. As soon as I saw what they were up to, I took everything away and told them to go play while I finished making lunch.
Yeh, they love me.
The spoons! We have naked spoons and they all want the naked spoons. I have no idea how it started. The naked spoons don't have a plastic covering over the part where you hold the spoon.
MsLisa 11:51 AM 04-24-2015
My boss and I have a saying...
"If we didn't make a kid cry at least once today, we didn't do our job."

Joking obviously. But it makes us smile when a atomic hormonal meltdown happens. And they happen daily.

My meanie story:
Today I found out that one of the 7yr old girls who threw playdoh yesterday didn't put it away like I asked, leaving 4 containers without lids and a bowl full of it out. She lost her playdoh privilege for the rest of the school year that day but when I found the dried up open playdoh containers and mess she hid today.....ooo boy is she going to hear it today. Probably a letter home cause its technically destruction of property. But sadly her mom is the "she can do no wrong" mom.
AuntTami 11:54 AM 04-24-2015
I'm having one too. I put my BEST kiddo in time out today for pushing his friend. He's never been in time out here in the entire time he's been here because he's never needed to be! He screamed like I was killing him the entire 1 1/2 minutes lol. It actually broke my heart because I NEVER have a problem with him! Lol
Meeko 12:42 PM 04-24-2015
What monsters we are!

I too was unbelievably cruel this week.

For some reason, the kids decided that the red blocks are the best ones and whoever has the most red ones is almost God-like. Everyone wants to be God and so lots of bickering has gone on.

So I removed every red block from the box last night.

They sat on the floor in dis-belief this morning....because we all know it's impossible to play with blocks that aren't red................

I told them that if any one of them then decided to be the blue god or the yellow god.......I was getting rid of them all.

They are looking at me like I'm the worst prison warden ever today.....
k.mcmahan2010 02:37 PM 04-24-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
I'm having one too. I put my BEST kiddo in time out today for pushing his friend. He's never been in time out here in the entire time he's been here because he's never needed to be! He screamed like I was killing him the entire 1 1/2 minutes lol. It actually broke my heart because I NEVER have a problem with him! Lol
It must be something in the air all over today. One of my best (and one of my favorites, not that we have those.................) started crying because I got on to her and told her I don't know why she won't listen today. And to think today was an "easy" day with out 6 out of 8 kids here, and one that was absent is my most difficult child.
Reply Up