Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Easy Lasagna Toss (Lazy Lasagna)
dEHmom 03:07 PM 03-04-2011
Spaghetti Sauce

-1/2 lb gr. beef
1/2 onion or 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 C tomato sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp parsley

fry gr. beef, drain. add all the rest of ingredients and simmer 20 mins.

Noodles

2 1/2 C uncooked rotini (I use whole wheat noodles)

cook noodles strain and blend with sauce and cheeses mixture.

Cheeses

1/2 c cottage cheese
1/2 C grated mozzarella
2TBSP Parmesan

Variations: Add anything extras you like. Adjust the liquid to how you see fit. I use 1 bag of noodles to 1 jar Ragu and 1 large can tomato sauce. 1 big container of cottage cheese and alot more cheese than just 1/2 c. mozza. I basically just double or triple the recipe.

My kids HATE lasagna, but they gobbled up 2 plates of this in 5 minutes.
cyerob 10:36 AM 06-24-2011
My kids love everything about pasta. I would definitely try this one. Thanks dEHmom for this recipe. I might have a pasta week for the kids. lol.
dEHmom 10:43 AM 06-24-2011
it is pretty good although it doesn't LOOK good lol.

basically you can change it up however you want. If you have a jar of spaghetti sauce just throw it on the noodles in a pot/pan and add the cheeses that you want, cottage cheese is my favorite part though.
Auntie 10:07 AM 06-25-2011
Sounds wonderful. The cottage cheese makes it more lasanga like.
Will try this. I love hotdish type meals. You get the lasanga taste without the work of the layering LOL.
GretasLittleFriends 05:10 PM 06-25-2011
I made a pot of this one day last week. Found a tub of Ricotta on clearance at the grocery store. It was dated that day, so I cooked this that day. Ricotta instead of cottage is good, but yes, it does NOT look very appetizing. My dcks gobbled it right up. My own kiddos were at VBS and were happy there was just enough left over for dinner.
Candyland 02:57 PM 06-26-2011
sounds delicious!
Putting it all together sounds like a "hamberger helper" type of meal...but only better for you this way!
dEHmom 07:11 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by Candyland:
sounds delicious!
Putting it all together sounds like a "hamberger helper" type of meal...but only better for you this way!
yes it looks a lot like hamburger helper. I HATE hamburger helper, but I make my own homemade versions. I find the boxed stuff has such a gross smell. Especially the cheesy ones. yuck.

my dad owned his own restaurant for a long time (way before I was born, he hired my mom as a waitress and they began their love affair hahaha). Anyway, he did all home made foods, and certain days of the week he would slop everything together for some sort of leftover concoction. Anyways, point here is that whatever my parents made for supper on sunday, monday tuesday, somehow ended up being suppers for wednesday, thursday and/or friday. My dad would take left over rice and make ragu (yuck) out of it, left over taco meat or regular gr. beef and mashed potatos for shepards pie, or he'd fry up the mashed potatos to go alongside left over roast to make roast beef sandwiches. you get the idea.

So I just started slopping random things together over the years. Since we struggle financially, I often have to make do with a can of this, and a box of that. Sometimes I just make noodles and throw some mayo and tuna in it for tuna salad.
Tags:lasagna, pasta, recipe
Reply Up