Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Most Annoying Noises Ever
SilverSabre25 12:54 PM 04-04-2013
Seriously, the most annoying noises ever come out of this child's mouth all.day.long. He's the one I mentioned before that snorts when he's pretending to be angry (like the Hulk).

Well this week he spends a lot of time talking in this voice that I can only describe as "exaggerated old man voice". It is SO obnoxious. Grates on my nerves and sends my stress level instantly from "manageable" to "insane".

He also makes squishy noises, shooting noises, raspberry noises, blowing noises, and other noises that have no name whatsoever. All day long. "Choose a different sound, dcb" is a frequent refrain of mine but I'm getting way tired of it. And that old man voice, oh. my. goodness.

1.2 days until the weekend...
AmyKidsCo 12:56 PM 04-04-2013
Ugh. My mom can block all that stuff out, and DH never hears it, but I hear all of it. Drives me nuts too. Hang in there, the weekend is coming!
Blackcat31 01:01 PM 04-04-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Ugh. My mom can block all that stuff out, and DH never hears it, but I hear all of it. Drives me nuts too. Hang in there, the weekend is coming!
I am one of those people too.

My DH comes into daycare every day to help me with lunch. There are days where he will get so flustered that he HAS to leave because he can't stand listening to certain noises for an extended period of time.

He always asks me "How can you stand listening to that?" and I always say "What?"

But then when it comes to those "little" repetitive noises like a drip drip drip or something flapping in the wind, I go nut-so.
SilverSabre25 01:09 PM 04-04-2013
I block out an awful lot, but this particular kid and his unceasing noises are very, very intense. It's like he's pushing through my defenses on an energy level and while I ignore a lot of it, some things (like that old man voice) are unbearable. I'm seriously tempted to try and get a recording of the old man voice and share it here. But, that would require trying to find the camera, then upload it...*sigh*

Yesterday he and my other dcb were squatting and pretending to poop all over the place, complete with exaggerated grunting noises.

I really don't get boys.
daycarediva 01:40 PM 04-04-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

I really don't get boys.
I little boys. Idk why, honestly but I think they are mischevious, energetic and fun.

My only BIG pet peeve is WHINING, can't stand it and it instantly makes my ears bleed. Everything else I can pretty much tune out.

My 2.5yo dcb came up to me first thing this morning, holding his hands folded closed and told me "open my diaper!" I did, and he used a finger to fake pee on me. Then laughed for a good 5 minutes until he had tears rolling down his face at his joke. This happens a LOT (different jokes) It's like hanging out with Jim Carrey 50 hours a week. He is always saying "I think wind should sound like __________" He has also mooned me (unintentionally, well, atleast the first time ) and has nicknames for everyone, and tells joke after joke after joke. He makes CONSTANT noises (like the guy from police academy) he cracks.me.up. I can see his kindergarten teacher not liking it so very much though.
Country Kids 02:15 PM 04-04-2013
Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, you get the picture. It sounds like a truck backing up.

Another noise that the sound is untypable because not sure how to spell it.

Shooting, whining.

The beep and other noise is almost like a tick because it just starts out of the blue. Everyone though, does ask the child to stop so its just not me that hears it.
TheirEmi 02:54 PM 04-04-2013
The white noise machines are getting on my nerves!!!!!
rmc20021 03:18 PM 04-04-2013
I am SOOOOOO glad I'm not the only one. My new dcb who started last week is CONSTANTLY making shooting sounds. First, it's totally against my policy to make THAT noise...second, it irritates me so badly.

Then I have another boy who will get onto doing something, or making a noise nonstop...like hitting the same exact button on a toy to have it make the same sound a hundred times over and over and over again. I try to ignore it but when it's obvious he isn't going to stop without my intervention, I just can't take it any more.
Luna 03:34 PM 04-04-2013
I think I know exactly what you mean by exaggerated old man voice, I have one here too. He also likes to make fake vomiting noises, has a lovely fake laugh, dinosaur noises and frog noises. Far far worse than all of these, much to my surprise, is the robot voice he has taught everyone. At lunchtime..."I all done Lune. Lune I all done. I all done. I all done. Lune. I all done. I all done." Monotone. Robot. Voice. Maddening!
frugalmama4 03:59 PM 04-04-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I little boys. Idk why, honestly but I think they are mischevious, energetic and fun.

My only BIG pet peeve is WHINING, can't stand it and it instantly makes my ears bleed. Everything else I can pretty much tune out.

My 2.5yo dcb came up to me first thing this morning, holding his hands folded closed and told me "open my diaper!" I did, and he used a finger to fake pee on me. Then laughed for a good 5 minutes until he had tears rolling down his face at his joke. This happens a LOT (different jokes) It's like hanging out with Jim Carrey 50 hours a week. He is always saying "I think wind should sound like __________" He has also mooned me (unintentionally, well, atleast the first time ) and has nicknames for everyone, and tells joke after joke after joke. He makes CONSTANT noises (like the guy from police academy) he cracks.me.up. I can see his kindergarten teacher not liking it so very much though.
Oh, this thread made my day today....whata laugh!!! I have always had a house full of boy since I started in 2011...and I LOVE it. Boys are some much more fun then girls (IMO)...it doesn't take much to entertain them. We have only one little girl and she is rougher then the boys (had her since she was 6 weeks...now 11mos)...I don't think she knows she's a girl

Anywoo-OP, I'm sorry for your ears...but think of it this way you may have the next "Jim Carrey or Adam Sandler maybe Bill Cosby"
Hunni Bee 04:12 PM 04-04-2013
I can't stand high-pitched/cartoon voices. Or that humming where you can't tell who's doing it? I have one who does it everyday at Circle Time...
blandino 04:46 PM 04-04-2013
I don't like the noise of plastic toys repeatedly banging together. I have been strategic about placing the large plastic toys apart, so that I don't have to listen to too much of it.

Also, repeating drives me bonkers. That stage is by far my least favorite, but I s have some 4 year olds doing it. They all have he phrase "say it once" down perfectly, not that they always follow it.
Reply Up