Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maximum Provider Pay Out Rate?
Binkybobo 07:48 AM 04-22-2013
Hi guys. I am planning my Summer program. i have a limited amount of space, and have been asked to take on a coupe of state pay clients. Could you please give me an idea of what the state pays for each child? I tried looking it up on line,but the ink is not working. I live in TX, but any answer will give me some sort of idea. If you hav ean idea of the rates in your state please help me out. Thanks
butterfly 07:55 AM 04-22-2013
They vary alot from county to county in my state. My county pays 2.30/hour but that is the higher end of our state... Ours only pays for the hours they attend even if you charge a flat rate.
Blackcat31 07:58 AM 04-22-2013
The link I have for Texas says

Infants FT = $27.27 and PT = $22.48
Toddlers FT = $23.17 and PT = $22.48
Preschool FT = $21.17 and PT = $20.58
School age FT = $21.16 and PT = $16.41

That was for a licensed family child care. They have different rates for registered family homes, center care and relative care.

Hope that helps.
frugalmama4 08:01 AM 04-22-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
The link I have for Texas says

Infants FT = $27.27 and PT = $22.48
Toddlers FT = $23.17 and PT = $22.48
Preschool FT = $21.17 and PT = $20.58
School age FT = $21.16 and PT = $16.41

That was for a licensed family child care. They have different rates for registered family homes, center care and relative care.

Hope that helps.
Blackcat or you a Texas gal??? If so well howdy neighbor
Blackcat31 08:04 AM 04-22-2013
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:
Blackcat or you a Texas gal??? If so well howdy neighbor
Nope. I am alllllll the way on up top of the country.

I am in Minnesota (about 75 miles from the Canadian border)

I just happen to have a link for Texas reimbursement rates....I must have looked them up before and saved the link.

I have all sorts of information......info I will probably never use or need....don't ask me why....

I am an information hoarder...
Blackcat31 08:07 AM 04-22-2013
Here's the link I have https://www.dfwjobs.com/childcare/ProviderRates.pdf
Binkybobo 08:21 AM 04-22-2013
Thanks so much to all of you!
frugalmama4 08:23 AM 04-22-2013
Yea, as mention it varies from state to state...county to county.

I just updated my contract with the state pay program "H-town area" and because I'm now licensed "was registered" my rate went up a few $$$

However; looking over my old contract with them, they only changed my rates (the amount they pay) b/c I change my rates to the same flat rate for all ages.

Also, it still depends on each families situation for the amount the state pays...state will almost never cover the entire daycare bill for a family. Most families will have a co-pay (amount they have to pay) some may not...and state will still only pay based on their min-rates.

FYI-
I have asked my case worker if I can charge the difference (the amount not covered by the state or the co-pay) I was told YES as long as the family wasn't-on Food Stamps-TANF or a Forster Child.

If and when I ever take in a state pay client...I will write it into my contract "they are responsible for the difference and will have to sign a document stating they do not receive Food Stamps/TANF/FC. Per-my rep advice

Do call to verify this information and ask several people...2 out of 3 said YES 1 did not know

Hope this helps....
frugalmama4 08:25 AM 04-22-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Nope. I am alllllll the way on up top of the country.

I am in Minnesota (about 75 miles from the Canadian border)

I just happen to have a link for Texas reimbursement rates....I must have looked them up before and saved the link.

I have all sorts of information......info I will probably never use or need....don't ask me why....

I am an information hoarder...
Oh, Blackcat...I YOU
Little Star75 08:44 AM 04-22-2013
As they mentioned above, it varies from county to county. The county i live in pays as followed:
Infants- they pay $225, toddlers- $202, and school-age up to $136

It's also true that they don't pay the flat rate unless the parent has 30 hours plus a week. If they work under 30 hours they pay by the hour. So yes technically you can charge the client to pay the difference.

I currently have a parent on subsidize and the first month she started she had to pay me an average of $75 a week because I was short paid by the county.

Hope that help
Reply Up