Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Client Is Giving Sass About Me Enforcing Early Drop Off Fee
trix23 11:48 AM 06-08-2017
I sent out a notice that the policy was changing on May 23rd to be that early drop off will be charged $10 for every increment of 10 minutes early.

She was 3 minutes early today and so, per the Handbook, I silently assessed the fee. She asked what it's for and i told her. She replied back "wow, anything to make $1..."

I'm considering terming today from that comment.
Ariana 11:51 AM 06-08-2017
That was hugely disrespectful! I would consider terming as well
trix23 11:56 AM 06-08-2017
And just said "wow ok I have your $10. You sure you don't want $20?"

I am terming at-will today. And onto of all that, I do extended hours for her. I work til 8:15pm and her daughter has milk sensitivity too. Unreal.
LovetheSun 12:22 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:

I am terming at-will today. And onto of all that, I do extended hours for her. I work til 8:15pm and her daughter has milk sensitivity too. Unreal.
Wow that is just so rude. Imagine if everyone were to do this?
Actually I had a mom who was a "friend", she started to come 15min early every day and I got tired of it so I went on "walks" in the morning so she had to wait about 10/15min in front of the door

But I do wish I was as strong as you to terminate right away! Good job!
hwichlaz 12:43 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by LovetheSun:
Wow that is just so rude. Imagine if everyone were to do this?
Actually I had a mom who was a "friend", she started to come 15min early every day and I got tired of it so I went on "walks" in the morning so she had to wait about 10/15min in front of the door

But I do wish I was as strong as you to terminate right away! Good job!
I've done that in my earlier days. Then act surprised..."Oh, you're not scheduled until 8am, so I thought it was safe to take a walk."
LovetheSun 12:48 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I've done that in my earlier days. Then act surprised..."Oh, you're not scheduled until 8am, so I thought it was safe to take a walk."
Yes I did it to another family too who came 20min too early. They never did it again
DaveA 12:50 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:

Oh Yeah- I'd be done after that. It's always the ones you give a bit extra to who pull the dumbest crap.
Unregistered 12:55 PM 06-08-2017
Give us an update! I love hearing parent responses lol
trix23 01:39 PM 06-08-2017
I'm having my mom be here for when it goes down because my hubby doesn't get home till after her pick up time and I want to make sure I have another adult. I already have the termination notice written up in printer ink and ready to go signed dated and her last day is today no refunds given. And if she asks about care for tomorrow for her daughter I'm going to say you're done as of today for that comment. The girl's bag is already packed with all of her stuff. I'm going to hand the termination letter which is already in an envelope and that's the end of it
trix23 01:44 PM 06-08-2017
And for the record she was potty once before so I give the benefit of the doubt for that one thinking that maybe it was just out of frustration but if you pull that stuff twice and your new. I don't need that kind of stuff in my life period and in addition to that she has violated multiple policies has refused to pay an early drop-off fee, has her kid and care for 10 hours and also extended hours until 8 p.m., has brought her daughter to daycare not following my guidelines for illness in regards to my diarrhea policy of 24 hours exemption and she's paid late twice as in about 4 or 5 weeks of care. I'd say that I am done!
finsup 03:11 PM 06-08-2017
Oh my goodness you have had your fair share of parent drama lately! Hopefully you can fill the spots with better families!
trix23 03:30 PM 06-08-2017
Oh i know!!! Hoping I pick better for the next one
trix23 06:48 PM 06-08-2017
I froze and didn't know what to say (I'm awkward with confrontation) so I'm texting her tonight and delivering notice tomorrow.
bklsmum 06:55 PM 06-08-2017
On a side not...I love the term "sass".
Unregistered 09:49 PM 06-09-2017
How did it go?
flying_babyb 10:03 PM 06-09-2017
yea! how did it go? currious!
trix23 10:22 AM 06-10-2017
Thought I posted this but maybe it got lost. I chickened out and didn't know what to say to her for one I would hand her the envelope so I didn't do it that night. I opted to do it the following morning and gave her a notice of Probation and made check marks of which items needed Improvement and the fact that she's on a two-week probation. In which if there aren't improvements she will be terminated. I had never given her a formal written warning and felt the for proper business practice that I should do that. Going forward to any family that gives me push back on policy or Paisley two things like that they will be given one of these warning sheets that I created. I figured that me stating into the first place would be sufficient but I've had to up the ante with a few of my parents to get them in line. Also I feel but it will protect me in the case of a lawsuit or accusation of discrimination as well because you just have to watch your behind sometimes. And I need the money so if it works out with this and she shapes up then I'm fine with that but if not then she's going to have to find care elsewhere
trix23 04:55 PM 06-10-2017
I gave it at drop-off and said what BlackCat recommended. She didn't say anything to me over text or email and her adult daughter picked up in the evening. But I'm paid for next week.

Why is it I feel mean being an enforcer? And I just wrote a kibda lengthy email to my "nanny family" telling them that they need to either provide food for their food sensitive son or allow him to eat what I make and that I don't want to have any more discussions about food or policies unless it's for clarification.
Tags:drop off policy, drop-off rules, late fee policy, late fees, parents - don't communicate, sassy
Reply Up