Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Super Scary Morning...
ihop 09:28 AM 06-10-2014
There was an active shooter at the high school near my daycare home. I watched 30+ police cars drive past my home. I am less then a mile away. I locked in a put a movie on. It is so sad that this keeps happening! I went to this high school, way too close to home.
A parent on her way over went back home and called me to let me know. Ugh.
It is a true tragedy that this keeps happening, and at such an alarming rate. We only have two more days of school here and now at least one student is deceased and a teacher injured.

It really makes me appreciate the little ones I have in care and that they are here and safe.
Go play! 09:46 AM 06-10-2014
That is really scary! The news would have scared the kids anyway. I never know what's going on in the world until the daycare parents get here.
MotherNature 10:53 AM 06-10-2014
It's trending on fb right now. Enough shootings already. There's been so many this week. Nothing will probably get done til some politician is directly affected..or it costs businesses more to have people not eating at their restaurants b/c people are too scared to go out.
Sugar Magnolia 11:39 AM 06-10-2014
My school is about a block from a very large high school. It's not fun, and they have had a couple of lock-down situations. We do drills for lock downs, but it's hard when your school of 1100 square feet has 28 sets of windows and you're supposed to hide away from windows.
I'm not looking to start a gun control debate, but this is an epidemic. ENOUGH.
Country Kids 11:42 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by ihop:
There was an active shooter at the high school near my daycare home. I watched 30+ police cars drive past my home. I am less then a mile away. I locked in a put a movie on. It is so sad that this keeps happening! I went to this high school, way too close to home.
A parent on her way over went back home and called me to let me know. Ugh.
It is a true tragedy that this keeps happening, and at such an alarming rate. We only have two more days of school here and now at least one student is deceased and a teacher injured.

It really makes me appreciate the little ones I have in care and that they are here and safe.
Are you taking about the one in Oregon?

I just saw this on the news feed!
ihop 11:52 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Are you taking about the one in Oregon?

I just saw this on the news feed!
Yes. I live 3/4 of a mile from Reynolds high school and attended high school there.
e.j. 12:16 PM 06-10-2014
It's so sad that parents can't send their kids off to school in the morning without having to worry about whether or not they'll return home in the afternoon.
Country Kids 12:23 PM 06-10-2014
Two of my friends children go there but one graduated recently and the other her child was at the other end of the school. She is waiting to pick her up at a Fred Meyers that the kids are being bussed to.
ihop 12:37 PM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Two of my friends children go there but one graduated recently and the other her child was at the other end of the school. She is waiting to pick her up at a Fred Meyers that the kids are being bussed to.
Im glad to hear they are okay. Thankfully it was not in the main building, but a smaller building attached. It is a terrible situation but could have been so much worse with the population of the school being so high.

They are also reporting that they found firearms on at least one other student unrelated to the shooting. These children are just carrying guns around.
NightOwl 05:29 PM 06-10-2014
Watching it on CNN....
Reply Up