Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SA & Picking Up Their Belongings
BumbleBee 10:31 AM 01-27-2014
As I sit here I see two ipods, a pair of socks, a sweater, 3 pairs of headphones, a necklace & a baseball cap. All of those items belong to the 2 SA dck's (both age 9).

I'm tired of telling them to put their stuff away. They're both great about putting away daycare items (games/toys) that they use. It's their personal stuff that they leave out.

They both lost the privilege of having their iphones/headphones here since they keep leaving them out. But what do I do about the sweaters, jewelry, hats, socks, etc?

Any ideas are welcome. Every day it's the same thing and I'm tired of it.
melilley 10:46 AM 01-27-2014
I would just put them in a box and make them leave the items in it until p/u. If they want their stuff that bad then they won't leave it out!
Angelsj 10:47 AM 01-27-2014
Chore box.
Get a rubbermaid container (small is fine). Pick out some chores you would like done (fronts of cabinets wiped, base boards dusted, floor edges, whatever) and put in a pocket or jar. Pick up all their stuff and put in container. One chore gets ONE item back.
They can fold laundry, sort toys or other items, make beds, pick up toys...any number of things you don't want to do but are safe for them to do.
Cradle2crayons 11:04 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
Chore box.
Get a rubbermaid container (small is fine). Pick out some chores you would like done (fronts of cabinets wiped, base boards dusted, floor edges, whatever) and put in a pocket or jar. Pick up all their stuff and put in container. One chore gets ONE item back.
They can fold laundry, sort toys or other items, make beds, pick up toys...any number of things you don't want to do but are safe for them to do.
I do this. It's called the uh oh box. It's a MIRACLE. I have a sign in the box that says this... With laminated chores hey have to choose to get their item back. And they have to pick a different chore every time. And none of the chores are fun ones lol.

http://todaysmama.com/2012/06/chore-...oh-ransom-box/

The rhyme makes me giggle every time lol.
BumbleBee 11:08 AM 01-27-2014
I like the chore box idea.

What kind of chores would be acceptable for daycare kids to do?
Cradle2crayons 11:46 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
I like the chore box idea.

What kind of chores would be acceptable for daycare kids to do?
Well, I divide up chores depending on age and ability and of course, sometimes I have to go back over the helper chores because of ability etc...

But here are some ideas.....
Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, loading the dishwasher, wiping down the table and chairs after meals, dusting, folding daycare laundry like dish clothes etc.
Tags:discipline - consistency, discipline - positive, discipline plan
Reply Up