Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick....What Do You Think
Unregistered 04:42 AM 09-29-2010
I had a dad argue with me that I lost his daughters "clippies" in her hair yesterday...And I know for 100% fact that she did not come to daycare with them in her hair...he has a 2 day old at home and is sleep deprived I'm sure.

Anyways, if she arrives today with "clippies" in her hair..my plan is to remove them and hand them to him and tell him I do not want to be the cause of her losing her clippies so please take them home with you. I know it is admitting fault even though I did NOT lose her damn clippies, but Im not about to give him a reason to do it again..so she is no longer allowed to come with clips in her hair.

Would you do the same or just blow him off from yesterday and let her come with her clips?
kendallina 08:21 AM 09-29-2010
I'd like to say to him, "unless I lose your child, then you have nothing to complain about, bub!" Complaining about lost clippies, geez, don't put her in clippies then.
MARSTELAC 08:26 AM 09-29-2010
I too have a 2 year old who comes to daycare every day with little tiny clips or ponies and as soon as mom is gone dcg would take them out. I have started taking them (after mom is gone) and put them right in her cubbie. I have had days where mom is searching all over my house for these (*&&^^%%%* missing clips/ponies and I cannot stand people wandering around my home. I have an 18-month old dcb in my care and I don't want him choking on them. Why are parents such freaks? I would just let her come with them in and as soon as parent is gone, take them and put them away until pick-up. Less aggravation and avoids an argument about nonsense. :-) p.s. is it 5:30 yet?
missnikki 08:38 AM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had a dad argue with me that I lost his daughters "clippies" in her hair yesterday...And I know for 100% fact that she did not come to daycare with them in her hair...he has a 2 day old at home and is sleep deprived I'm sure.

Anyways, if she arrives today with "clippies" in her hair..my plan is to remove them and hand them to him and tell him I do not want to be the cause of her losing her clippies so please take them home with you. I know it is admitting fault even though I did NOT lose her damn clippies, but Im not about to give him a reason to do it again..so she is no longer allowed to come with clips in her hair.

Would you do the same or just blow him off from yesterday and let her come with her clips?
Hey, men are allowed their irrationalities, too. I like that idea of just not saying anything and taking them out.
tenderhearts 08:42 AM 09-29-2010
I have never had a parent get mad for losing clippies or anything for that matter but the girls that come with them in their hair, they fall out as they are playing so easily especially with fine hair. I like the idea of just taking them out and putting them in their cubby but then if it's a dad like one of my old daycare dads (he was just an #$$ in general I would hand them back and say that
SilverSabre25 08:43 AM 09-29-2010
ditto not saying anything and just taking them out. I did this for awhile with a little girl I watch.
katie 09:16 AM 09-29-2010
On that note, dcm sent 3 yr old with little nail stick ons. About a million of them. By the end of the day the stupid things were in my carpet, floor, stuck to all the walls. That night she said, "Oh yes, does she have her stickers?" Really? I'll be scrubbing them off for a month. You can have the empty paper backing back!
sahm2three 09:24 AM 09-29-2010
My policy is, and it is in my handbook, I am NOT responsible for ANYTHING that is brought to daycare other than the child in my care. There is not to be toys or books or hair things brought to daycare because if it is misplaced, I do not have time or care to take time to look for them.
DancingQueen 09:53 AM 09-29-2010
I tell them straight out that if they can't stay in their hair for certain - don't bring them. I use the choking hazard as my reason and everyone seems fine with that.

my own daughter was in daycare before I opened up for business and the way her hair grows it was always in her face. I found the really really tiny elastics that are "no pull" and "no hurt" and she cannot get them out. They only last one or 2 uses but you get like 300 for 3 or 4 dollars. I LOVE THEM. They held her hair back and they never ever come out during the day.
I have converted several moms
[email protected] 10:01 AM 09-29-2010
we call those slicky ponies,..lol. or twistie ponies. I love them!!! I dont allow clippies, or barettes that come out,.. if they get here I just say,.. oh wait,.. let mom have these so baby Jonathon doesnt eat them,... if I forget or dont see, I stick them in a baggie, and tape it to the doorjam. the parents see it when they pick up and I mention that I cant have them here due to licensing. =-)
mac60 11:06 AM 09-29-2010
I have one that comes with clips in her hair, and she is losing them on occassion. One day mom is like....Oh we can't buy them anymore when I couldn't find it. Big Flippen Deal, get over it. I will just say it is probably lost in the blankets, I don't go look for them, could care less if they are found....sometimes will go to trash. I don't like those little things falling out anyways, a danger to little ones crawling around.
Tags:complain, vent
Reply Up