Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Annoy You?
BentleysBands 04:09 AM 10-13-2010
just wondering if this would annoy you....mom comes in this morning w/1 child and says other child is home w/dad since she was up all nite sick....child will sleep most of the day probably as she normally does when sick, why bring 1 kid ? why cant he keep both? i handle multiple sick kids all the time as i hve my own 4 .....why cant parents just keep both instead of bringing the illness here?? brother is most likely a carrier kwim?

i just dont get parents sometimes.....
momofboys 04:13 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
just wondering if this would annoy you....mom comes in this morning w/1 child and says other child is home w/dad since she was up all nite sick....child will sleep most of the day probably as she normally does when sick, why bring 1 kid ? why cant he keep both? i handle multiple sick kids all the time as i hve my own 4 .....why cant parents just keep both instead of bringing the illness here?? brother is most likely a carrier kwim?

i just dont get parents sometimes.....
Yep, I would be annoyed but I probably would not do anything about it.
mac60 04:25 AM 10-13-2010
Because too many parents are L-a-z-y, and if they only keep the sick kid home with them, they will most likely medicate them and stick them in bed, out of sight out of mind, and send the one who "hasn't gotten it yet" to dc so that they can have the day off of work and do what they please at home, without having to care for kid #2. Most parents can't handle their own kids 10 hours a day, let alone a sick kid. At least that is my experience. Frustratin I know, but like others said, I too pry wouldn't do/say anything about it.
TGT09 05:01 AM 10-13-2010
I kept 8yo dcg last week overnight while her mom was on a business trip because step-dad could only get 1 child ready in the morning (her baby brother-his baby). :-)
mac60 05:05 AM 10-13-2010
Seriously ladies, just how do we do it all. Care for them, feed them, nurture them, love them, we all must be damn good.
Unregistered 06:12 AM 10-13-2010
annoying! Sadly alot of times it is about the money because they are paying you-and then the other times it is so the parent who has been with or is taking care of the sick child doesnt have to deal with the other children. Most reasons-selfishness!
katie 08:27 AM 10-13-2010
Dcm said this morning, "He hasn't eaten yet, I just can't get ready to go and feed him." I feed him, nurse my baby, homeschool my 3 other kids, take care of another 3 yr old potty training, all while eating my food, cleaning up, and cooking! Not feeling sorry. Same mom dropped baby off when her teenager was sick so she could go home 2 streets away and watch tv all day. She also dropped on Monday when I was sick. It was her day off. She needed me time. Does anyone here even know what that is????
Fro 09:01 AM 10-13-2010
I have a policy in my contract that says if one child has to stay home sick, they must keep thier siblings home also, due to the fact that if one is sick, the other has been exposed and would carry it here. This obviously isnt the exact wording in the contract.
DCMomOf3 09:02 AM 10-13-2010
I have had this happen. My parents are separating the kids to see if they can keep the healthy one from getting sick. I really dont' mind as long as they don't bring the sick one.
MarinaVanessa 09:16 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by Quincy:
I have had this happen. My parents are separating the kids to see if they can keep the healthy one from getting sick. I really dont' mind as long as they don't bring the sick one.
I guess it depends on the family right??? Some failies are just taking advantage, or lazy, or wierd or whatever but some others just don't want to get the other ones sick.

Also, just from my personal experience, it could be about keeping their sanity and convenience. I mean, I've left my daughter with my fiance once because she was sick. He offered to stay home to watch her so that I wouldn't have to take time off of work (before I had my own daycare). It just so happened that his sister needed someone to watch her 1yo son so he offered to watch him also. I was gone 9 hours (5 of which his nephew was there as well) and when I came home it seemed as if they used each and every dish in the house and left it on the sink and counters, the stove looked like it had more food on it than they could have possibly eaten, the table was covered in whatever they were eating, the cat had a buffet under the kitchen table and chairs, it looked like they went outside and brought handfulls of debree in and sprinkled it all over the house like it was magic fairy dust, the toilet was unflushed, every toy we owned was on the floor and the dogs were inside and laying on the couch getting slobber on the cushions.

You better believe that was the last time I left him here alone with 2 kids lol. Maybe the DCM doesn't trust DCD with more than one child at a time lol. Just saying, I mean my fiance is great with kids and loves them but you leave him with more than one child and he lacks common sense, then throw in the fact that one is sick and will probably be whiny and miserable, Oh good lordy, just poke me in the eye with a sharp stick instead.
kendallina 01:10 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by Fro:
I have a policy in my contract that says if one child has to stay home sick, they must keep thier siblings home also, due to the fact that if one is sick, the other has been exposed and would carry it here. This obviously isnt the exact wording in the contract.
That's a good idea, I wouldn't have thought to do that.

I can kind of understand a mom wanting the non-sick child to be somewhere where he can play and be with other children and have a great day, instead of being home with a sick sibling and a mom that is having to spend a lot of time with the sick sibling. If the parent would have to pay for the day anyway, I don't really blame them for doing this.
tenderhearts 02:06 PM 10-13-2010
I have had this happen to me as well but it doesn't really bother me much, mainly because I'm getting paid. I think most parents are like this anymore. When my kids were in daycare and if I was sick I ALWAYS kept them home with me, I never took them ever, even if I had to stay home with one of them I kept both home but I was a parent who felt guilty that my kids were in daycare.
Tags:sick policy
Reply Up